1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Questions on eCover Creator

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by Brent2005, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Brent2005

Message Count:
    Hey Guys,

I've just bought a copy of the software, and after using other eCover programs... I have to say that eCover Generator is quite hard to master... but I'm getting there :)

Now, for the questions.

1) How can you adjust the scaling of an eCover to match the size of the front/spine and so on?

OR

What are the recommended dimensions for the front and spines?

2) How can you adjust the position/size of the shadows and reflection?

From my experience, eCover Generator does create some pretty cool ecovers, but if there's no solutions to the following questions then there is obviously some big limitations... coming from an ecover designer.

Regards,
    Brent

2. KD-did

Message Count:
    fontecha, try EXPORTING instead of saving your image to you desktop . You can choose among several formats... Jpeg, Gif, Png. Saving I believe always defaults to TXT format.

3. KD-did

Message Count:
    If you click where it says jpeg (in your now showing graphic) a drop down menu will appear and you will see other options that will export it to you desktop in your preferred file format. Is there a chance you used the "publish" feature to get the file format you have been seeing?

4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Perhaps a file has become damaged and you would benefit from uninstalling, deleting the program file and getting a fresh download . Be sure to use one of the 2 recommended programs for unpacking your fresh download.

5. Wicked

Message Count:
    Wait..

Wait before you go uninstalling things.. Hopefully I am able to make this post in time.. The web graphics creator has a small bug in it where you have to type in the file extension when saving.. so if you choose to export an image in a gif format and you name that file myimage then you would need to export it by typing in myimage.gif... You just have to add your file extensions to everything you export... I forget sometimes myself and export a text file..

6. Wicked

Message Count:
    Sorry Brent that your post did not get answered right away.. I am on a work computer without the program on it at the moment but I believe you can right click the spine and it gives you a couple different options to fit to scale or fit to size or something of that nature.. You can fit your graphics on there nicely.. When you design your spines you just need to create them in the shape of spines.. Some people I think have created circles (exageration) and then wondered why they look bad on there spine.

As far as the shadows and reflection, I would have to get back on my home pc as soon as I get the chance to check on that one for you.. I have not used that particular function on the software in a while.

7. Wicked

Message Count:
    You are most welcome