Protectum Rectum

Discussion in 'Contracts and other Legal issues' started by Just Bill, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Just Bill

Message Count:
    Disclosure and Privacy policies are a must have on your blogs and websites.
    These sites can help bigtime.

What is disclosure? Why is it important in blogging? Why disclose?http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/

Many sites on the net are asking for personal information such as email addresses. However it is surprising how many do not provide a privacy policy. A privacy policy lets your visitor know what you do with any information provided.
    http://www.webdevtips.co.uk/webdevtips/codegen/privacy.shtml
  2. 3DS

Message Count:
    WebDevTips site is a nice little addition to my "web design" bookmarks - thanx Bill!
  3. Just Bill

Message Count:
    3DS, It's always nice to find a little more ammo for the cause. :)
  4. Wicked

Message Count:
    Always nice to open up the lid on policy generators. As long as people know how to use them to pertain to their site 100% they come off great and professional. I have seen some horrible policy writing and the generator helps to prevent that for the unknowing. Also I think what many need to know is that your policy or disclosures being almost impossible to understand and 5 pages long does not make them professional in my opinion. I am fairly intelligent and I have read some policies that nearly make no sense in the slightest other than to those who probably have a masters degree in policy writing (stated in just). Good resources Bill as always.
  5. Wicked

Message Count:
    Oh and the subject title for this thread was quite entertaining.
  6. Just Bill

Message Count:
    Thanks Wicked. I was told many years ago, the secret to getting your message read is the Headline. These days that translates into Subject lines for email, forums and in the case of articles, the Header.
    :image08:
    I'm still trying to get it right.