Printing business cards

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Rayezor, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Rayezor

Message Count:
    How do I go about printing my own business cards with Logo Creator 4.
    Everytime I choose the option to print business cards, the software takes me to a website to print online. I want to print my own stock on my own printer.......AAAAARRGGGHHHHH HELP !!! Thanks Rayezor:helpnow: :helpnow:
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Rayezor, currently to print your business cards you will have import you exported logo into another program for printing. It some ways it is better as most desktop publishing programs will let you choose a card layout that matches up with the card stock.
  3. cascadeofluv

Message Count:
    KD, Is it possible to create the glossy look logos in logo creator?

Thanks
  4. Borpean

Message Count:
    Jay,

What do you mean by "creating the glossy look".
  5. cascadeofluv

Message Count:
    How can we create logos with glossy look n feel?

First of all let me thank you for early reply:)

Now as i am into logo designing business for last 16 years, so some of my clients love to have their logos lokks like that they are madeup of glass.

So some how i am fully satisfying them. I create my logo designs in corel draw 12,and Photoshop CS. The results are awesome.

But now i want to create the same affect in Logo Creator software.
    If possible i wanna learn that affect in this software.

Thanks
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    cascadeofluv, are you referring to wanting a glassy look to an element such as an orb or in the printing process?Yes, it can be done with TLC . For an element it is the process of making a mask overlay that opacity is pretty sheer.On an orb the overlay would be a very sheer oval and would be placed on top of the colored orb and made just slightly smaller and placed where you want your light source to be hitting.

Look closely at the attachment.The absolute master of the glassy look in my opinion is dumpster rat
  7. cascadeofluv

Message Count:
    Reply!

Thanks dear Katie and Borpean, for ur concern. I will also show you guys my gloss type of work.

I have also posted some of my logo designs in new thread. (logo creator)

Have a look.

Thanks
  8. blackknight

Message Count:
    Hello Jay, I also want to welcome you to the forum and I looked at a couple of your designs and i THINK YOU WILL FIT IN NICELY. The "glassy look" can easily be achieved in TLCas Katie has described and there are plenty of examples of these been created totally in TLC and yes dumpster rat is very good at it. At the top where it says search in the forum, type in glass orbs and examples should show up. There are so many examples here I think you will be impressed. This may not be corel or photoshop but you can duplicate many things or come close to them with this software at a fraction of the time it would take to learn the other programs. When I first joined the forum, I took the time to read back many of the old posts and duplicate all that I would see so that #1 I could learn these techniques and #2 discover my "own style" that I like to do. I encourage you to share your designs with us here as they are good, but also because the more you share the more you receive and that is true. Have a great week and Happy Logoleering my friend.
  9. blackknight

Message Count:
    Oh and nice orb you have there Katie!
  10. Rayezor

Message Count:
    Business Cards

Well I guess I am confused. I was able to print business cards all day long in my 3.6 program. Has the program changed??? I thought when I got 4.0 it was just gonna be better not different.?? I have 3 or 4 cards I was printing in 3.6 and they printed pretty darn good. Why the change? Or am I dreaming?
  11. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Ray!

Actually, I've made the business card process easier!
    There's a new tool available online - free (for now):
    http://www.cicreator.com

It'll create your entire
    corporate identity, (business cards, letterhead and envelopes!

Also, you still have version 3.0 of the Logo Creator on your hard drive. check you program files folder. You should see "The Logo Creator v4" and "The Logo Creator v3" -- you still have the old way of making business cards (if you still need it)!

- Marc