Please HELP!! (Backgrounds and Printing)

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 1.0' started by A-TeamV.A., Mar 17, 2008.

1. A-TeamV.A.

Message Count:
    Hello all! I'm new to the forum and I have read all the posts in reference to adding a background. However, I am still not having any luck. I'm using a Mac OX 10.4. I created the background, saved for web as 100% JPEG (both hi res and low res) I think, went to the admin panel. Tried to upload both hi res and low res file as instructed, but I get a message that says "the Hi Res and Low Res files must be the same". So I tried using the same hi res file for both and it worked fine except the proportions were way too big. When I used the low res file for both the proportions were way too small. What am I not doing? Also, when I try to print (even after changing the size to 7.5 x 10) nothing happens. If anyone could offer any advise, I would appreciate it.I am loving the idea of this software but I can't seem to get moving.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Renae
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi again Renae.

... any chance you can attach you modified card image (both of the images you mention above) to an eMail? I want to check something.

Send it to marc AT thelogocreator.com

If you're unable to find them (since giving up!) no worries. I just wanted to test out a few things with them. (I'm on a Mac as well. 10.5)

Marc
  3. A-TeamV.A.

Message Count:
    Hey Marc,
    It looks like I deleted the two images. I think part of the problem is that I did not save over the backgrounds that you already have in the program. I gave the backgrounds new names, since I just wanted to have more options. BTW is there a way to print out a sheet of the thumbnails for the templates (both the CIC and Logo Creator)?

Thanks,
    Renae
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Ah.
    Interesting.

So you deleted two images, and added two of your own image - with different names?

This helps me trouble shoot it a bit more on this end.
  5. A-TeamV.A.

Message Count:
    Marc,

No I didn't delete any of the pre-loaded backgrounds. I added my own custom made backgrounds and named them using a similar name as the files that came with the program. Most of the threads I read suggested saving over one of the existing backgrounds, but I didn't want to go that route.