Page rank prediction tools.. Are they accurate?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Wicked, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Wicked

Message Count:
    I was just curious as too how accurate everyone that knows anything about it that they feel page rank prediction tools like the one at the iwebtool website are? My website had a PR 2 before the last update and it dropped back down to a 1. Now the page rank prediction tool says my site is looking to be a PR 4 on the next Google update.

Any thoughts or discussion regarding this?
  2. Wicked

Message Count:
    Now today it has a predicted rank of PR 3 when was just 4 with a 91% accuracy.. I think I am done fooling with it.. Anyone know a better tool that is not all screwy all the time?
  3. haksi

Message Count:
    Maybe I am late :image06-1:but for future try pagerank.net I am working with it. And about increasing PR it is real, because one of my site's PR is N/A and after 2 months, after google update it increased to 2 :)
  4. Wicked

Message Count:
    I was talking more about future page rank predictor tools. I know a million places to check page rank but it was these future page rank predictors that had caught my interest as to how accurate they are if any. If the site you suggested has a future page rank predictor tool I must of have missed it if so.
  5. Chris

Message Count:
    Future page ranks are really hard to predict. I honestly don't pay to much attention to them. I do look at them to get an idea, but I never hold me breathe with what they say. There are way to many things that come into play when building page rank.

Just my opinion though.
  6. haksi

Message Count:
    Honestly..there was no tool which will help you to "forecast" your future PR, in this situation I am agree with Chris, that the chance of forecasting it exactly is very low, cause when google does update you your expectations don't realise , cause sometimes I don't understand the way they do update :image10:
  7. Wicked

Message Count:
    There is such a tool. I was just questioning its accuracy.
  8. Chris

Message Count:
    Wicked in the end bud I think that the script used to predict your PR will be off by 1 digit at least maybe more. There are just so many things that need to be taken into consideration. Again this is just my opinion.
  9. aquariusmedi

Message Count:
    I mostly use prchecker.info website for checking the page rank. I am using this tool from last 1 year and it always show be the accurate result.

Silk Fabric
  10. Clayton

Message Count:
    I have installed a free tool in my browser named Run Rank checker...
    It looks good for all of us...