Online Gallery - HELP

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum' started by Juncal, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Juncal

Message Count:
    Hello,

this is my first post and it's shame that the first one it's about a foolish mistake... I uploaded a logo into the online gallery and I used a PNG image and looks just green... reading the forum I saw that PNG it's not the best to upload images files on webs... the problem is that I don't want to let the image there! there is a chance to erased to try again with a JPEG?

Any advice?

Thanks.
  2. Chris

Message Count:
    First off wlecome to the forum, and a great looking logo you have in the gallery. I deleted the green one for you. Hope to see more work from you.
  3. Juncal

Message Count:
    Thanks!

Hey Mac!

Thanks for your help and also for your comments and of course I will keep working. If you have any advice I will appreciate so much.

Regards,

Arturo.
  4. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Intereting problem, Arturo, as PNG (Portable Network Graphic) files were specifically created for web images, and are normally considered (to the best of my knowledge) to be the best format for uploaded images to the web, and are what I request in my Gallery at Wizard's Eye.
  5. Juncal

Message Count:
    Hi Flotsom,
    I didn't do a deep research about the PNG format and I had a problem just once (I never tried again) Plus, I saw in another thread a comment about PNG that was not the best choice to upload message... Maybe my image had something else, not sure.

Now that you are here, I was surfing on wizard's eye and I can't go to the forum page, have an idea of why?
  6. Flotsom

Message Count:
    Hi Juncal!

One problem you might be having with PNG format is size. Although nothing like the size of a TIFF, PNG's are considered a "lossless" format so they will quite often be less compressed than a JPEG.

Try clicking on the link in my signature, if you still can't get into W.E., send me a PM and I'll figure it out. Sorry for the problem.
  7. Juncal

Message Count:
    Hey, now it works perfectly, very nice work with your xmas decoration looks great.

Maybe was that, compression... not sure. In a few moments I will upload my second try with a logo. Hope to hear your opinion.

Keep in touch,
    Arturo.
  8. Flotsom

Message Count:
    If it is a question of size, you should see a message that will say something like ... "your ***KB file is larger than the 105 KB allowed". If this is the case, you might try loading your image in TLC's Gallery. I don't know if they have unlimited space like my gallery, but it is no doubt able to handle much larger files than in this part of TLC.

Hope this helps.