Old 2.0 version TLCs

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by lostinlimbo, Jul 6, 2008.

1. lostinlimbo

Message Count:
    Hello.
    Just wondering if anyone could help.
    I have Ready made logos from 2003 saved on CD.
    But the files are not registering anywhere as TLCs even the TLC.5 wont recognise them.
    Are they gone for good or is there hope.
    Thanks in Advance.
  2. Wicked

Message Count:
    Are the ready made logos you are talking about that are on CD have the file extension .tlc?
  3. lostinlimbo

Message Count:
    the logo creator (.tlc) This is what it says.
    Am not that literate with Comps
    I was using XP then now am using Vista Premium.
  4. Wicked

Message Count:
    Ok if I am understanding correctly.. All the ready made logos you are speaking of are what I call The Logo Creator Build Files otherwise known as the files that have the .TLC extension on the end of them.

If I am following correctly here is what you can do.. Take the ones you have from the CD and put them here C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v5\Logo Libraries\My Templates

You can start following that file path by clicking on your "my computer" icon to get started.
  5. lostinlimbo

Message Count:
    Just want to say thanks. I will i will give this a go could take me awhile though lol.
    and will let you know as soon as i can. 03:28 here will sleep better now.
    Thanks Again.
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    TLC V2.0 used a much different engine than used currently I am afraid that V5 isn't going to be able help you any. IF they were EXPORTED in any other file format you could probably view them but they would not be editible.

You could try looking up your order and see if your V2.0 can still be downloaded but I don't know if it would work with your current OS.
  7. Wicked

Message Count:
    I wasn't sure.. I figured it was worth a try..
  8. lostinlimbo

Message Count:
    You Know i kinda had that feeling, Thanks so much for your help and answer.
  9. lostinlimbo

Message Count:
    Thank you both.
    All the best from the UK.
  10. KD-did

Message Count:
  11. Wicked

Message Count:
    So Katie what I told lostinlimbo to do would be the correct thing in merging the two right? So there should be a solid chance of everything working fine?
  12. KD-did

Message Count:
    If V5 won't open his earlier V2.version of .tlc files I have to wonder if it is even possible when merged. But at least he would have a version on his machine that would allow editing of the .tlc files. It might just be that a file association wouldn't open an old .tlc file but could be opened with the V5 program.
  13. lostinlimbo

Message Count:
    Sorry everyone but i had lost the old version of the TLC when i had a fire at my house, dont even remember why the disc was not in the same place along with the comp.
    Anyway... just destroyed the disc. its going to be more fun starting from scratch.
    Thank you all, again for your Help.
  14. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    LIL...Believe me V5 should give you hours and hours of enjoyment...I started with V3 And I dont miss anything about it now that I have V5...take care!