Not Happy

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by jimlyon, Mar 3, 2009.

1. jimlyon

Message Count:
    I purchased the Logo Creator a little over a year ago. My computer crashed and when I tried to re-install I was informed that I would have to buy a completely new copy.
    In my book, this is a very poor business practice. Laughingbird has chosen to not provide their clients with the simple ability to retrieve what has already been paid for. One can not purchase "extended download service" after a period of time. All of this is a business decision they have made by choice and it reflects a lack of commitment to their customers.
    I know there are a number of ways I could have preserved a copy for myself, and with many other programs I did. With a few other programs I lost, including software costing several hundred dollars, the companies went out of their way to help me once they verified that I was a customer, providing me with downloads. Not Laughingbird.

I am obviously not happy.
  2. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
  3. KD-did

Message Count:
    Jim, I don't know where you got your information but there is no reason to be so unhappy unlike most software companies Marc doesn't have a time limit on being able to get fresh download of your LBS purchase, he has a set number of times. If you didn't use Paypal you should be able to look up your order one of 2 ways and get an immediate download. If you used Paypal you will have to provide your transaction number and the email address you used at the time of purchase and PM Marc with that information.
    https://www.findmyorder.com/servlet...=DisplayHomePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Thank you KD.
    You're right on.

Jim, I'm a bit confused as to why you're jumping right in and accusing me of not helping. This is the first I've heard of your troubles.

You mention that you as you tried to re-install your copy of the software, you were "informed that I would have to buy a completely new copy"

... who told you this?
    Let me know where you wrote so I can help track this down.

You can redownload your software here: http://www.findmyorder.com

Don't be angry, just ask and usually, I can take care of it.

- Marc
  5. jimlyon

Message Count:
    Marc and KD, let me explain. I originally went to the "findmyorder" link and because the order was too old for the system, there was no record of it. I then emailed the laughingbird support email address with a request for help, and was told that because I did not purchase extended download service, I would have to start from scratch and repurchase the software. This is what I am reacting to. I didnt know there was another process I could follow and that I could re-download a pre-set number of times. (Where would I find this info?)

Here's the email I got back:
    Dear James Lyon,

Thank you for contacting the Online Store.

The reason you are not able to obtain a redownload of your purchase is that the Extended Download Service was not purchased with your download and the time to purchase this service has expired. Unfortunately, this means that in order to obtain the product, you will need to repurchase it.

The Extended Download Service would have allowed you to redownload your order as many times as needed, but only for a period of 2 year(s) from the original software purchase date. To review the terms and conditions of the Extended Download Service please visit:

http://www.digitalriver.com/addons/eds/

Sincerely,
    John H.
    Online Store
    Customer Service
    laughingbirdcs@digitalriver.com
    http://www.digitalriver.com/Laughingbird
    Email ID: 9737724

Marc, I didnt know you were so responsive, but based on the above I hope you understand why I thought I was at a dead end. I am PMing you my order infor if you can tell me how to get a download link. Thank you both for your help.

Jim Lyon
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    DigitalRiver's form letter... it conforms to most software downloads with a time limit and not what Marc's policy is and has always been.