New Software! The Corporate Identity Creator!

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 1.0' started by laughingbird, Jun 6, 2006.

1. laughingbird

Message Count:
    :announ:

I'm proud to introduce our newest product to The Laughingbird Family:
    The Corporate Identity Creator

The CiCreator gives you the ability to create beautiful business cards, letterhead and matching logos with ease!

• Create logos and other graphics using a NEW Edition of The Logo Creator logo design software (included!) 50 customizable logos! (All new logos never before seen in any version of The Logo Creator!)

• Launch The Corporate Identity Creator and choose from over 95 matching corporate identity templates to mix & modify!

• Laughingbird Software has partnered with the best printshop on the net!
    Vistaprint.com! Have your business cards printed and shipped for about $20 (for 250 business cards with your logo and designs!

Visit the official website for more information!
  2. Chris

Message Count:
    WOW! Marc that is awesome. Congrats on the new software. I am sure it will be just as GREAT as the others you have produced.
  3. erik

Message Count:
    will there a special price for long time users (i am user from the start version 1 of the logo creator)
  4. Camelot 217

Message Count:
    That loooks nice

Dang...I just bought Logo creator and eCover Creator. Is there a version for owners of LC?

Tom
  5. Chris

Message Count:
    erik and camelot217-

As far as I am aware their is only the one version.

When you buy the CIC you get the logo creator with it, but the TLC included has 50 customizable logos! (All new logos never before seen in any version of The Logo Creator!) So you are getting new logos with it.

That is the reason I can see that their is only one version.

Hope that helps.
  6. TheoS

Message Count:
    I recently bought the logo creator. is there a special offer when we buy the CI creator?
  7. Chris

Message Count:
    Theos-

See my post above.
  8. telebay

Message Count:
    Mac Version?

Is there... or will there be a Mac version?

Also, some time ago I think I remember seeing this posted as a website (not downloadable software). There was a login, I believe. Is that still available? If so, it would be a good thing for Mac users until there is a Mac version.
  9. Chris

Message Count:
  10. reddrobin

Message Count:
    Is Logo Creator Rolled in to CIC?

I've read through all the information and looked at the screenshots, but it's not clear to me if CIC is one piece of software and Logo Creator is another. What I'm asking is, is when you open CIC, does it "contain" Logo Creator so that you only have to open one piece of software to do all things? I still don't know if that makes sense.

How about this: LC comes with CIC. Do I still have to open LC and make a logo and then do some kind of exporting/importing into CIC? Or am I able to create a logo right there in CIC with all the LC bells and whistles that I have in my standalone LC?
  11. KD-did

Message Count:
    CIC is a stand alone program. Logos are imported into CIC.
  12. reddrobin

Message Count:
    Thank you for the response. So, this is how I look at it: if I just want to upgrade from LC 4 to LC 5, it will cost me $20. If I buy CIC, it costs me $40. That means, I'm really going to get CIC for only $20, because it comes with LC 5. Sounds good to me. Now, if we could just get that Mac version ...
  13. KD-did

Message Count:
    I just became a Mac user myself on Thursday.
  14. Bowtieman

Message Count:
    Need CIC Information

Let me see if I have this right.

I purchased corporate edition logo's yesterday for $39.95 and if I want to have the CIC interface I have to pay another $39.95. Is that correct ?

If this is the case why wouldn't it be offered along with Corporate Edition Logo's on the same page. I like the interface completly but feel that if a person purchase the Corporate Logo's Edition then he should get a price break on the CIC.

Or do I have this all wrong.........

TIA

Bowtieman
  15. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Bowtie...

The Corporate Identity Creator (http://www.cicreator.com) and The Logo Creator (http://www.thelogocreator.com) are two different software products.

The Logo Creator “Corporate Edition” is The Logo Creator with 80 corporate style logos.
    The Corporate Identity Creator allows you to create business cards, letterhead and envelopes. It contains a VERSION of The Logo Creator. (it contains 50 completely different logos).

Thanks again for the letter.
    I hope that makes a bit more sense.

- Marc
  16. bigpoketz

Message Count:
    mac osx version

marc what about a mac version of cic creator mac users are entrepreneuers too!!! keep up the great programs!!!
  17. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Mac version of CIC

HI BigPoketz!

I feel your pain and empathize with you greatly!

I'M a Mac user - a die-hard since 1984.
    I want the Mac version of CIC as much as anybody (ha! belive me you!)

It's a programming issue. The Windows version used .asp (which is a Windows only component). We had to go Java for the Mac version. Java took a bit longer to program.

I myself hate it when companies like Adobe come out with Photoshop for Windows months before the Mac version.

I think its that Mac users are so picky when it comes to graphics software. Once they're done, the Mac versions are usually better than the Windows counterpart.

Hang in there with me Poketz!
    Just like The Flash Ad Creator version 2.0 ... The CIC for Mac IS coming!! :D

- Marc
  18. junkie4life

Message Count:
    Don't hold your breath

BigPoketz,

I have been waiting for months for this release and have actually had to contract out the task of having my cards printed to a printing company as I really could not wait any longer for CIC for Mac to be released.

I have hounded Marc, then made peace with Marc based on the "should be any day now" assurance, now I have not heard from him since and have given up the fight. I still check the forum EVRRYDAY to see if it has been released and still nothing. Chances are I will be naive enough to buy it when it comes out because I am a fan of the products. It's fortunate for TLC that there really are not that many companies out there that make software like this for the everyday user (not just professional designers that use products like Adobe Illustrator, etc.) as I'm sure Laughingbird would have lost a ton of business by now.

As Marc stated in his reply to your post, even he hates it when Adobe releases Windows version of software months before the Mac version is released, yet this is a classic example of "do unto others". I am aware that Marc is probably more focused on the PC users because that's probably where most of his business comes from, but he as a Mac user should know how frustrating it is to own a Mac and be snubbed by most developers.

Ah well, what's done is done, and we all wait patiently (yet frustrated) for CIC for Mac

Junkie
  19. laughingbird

Message Count:
    CI Creator for Mac

Junkie.
    I'm really sorry you're upset.
    But I appreciate your passion. If you really need business cards in a pinch - try VistaPrint.com

They print up 250 cards for about $25.00 - and send them right to your clients door.

Truly, again, I am not focused the the Windows edition due to the 'money'.
    It really is a programming issue on my end. I'm a Mac user! There are few programs like The Corporate Identity Creator for Mac users. If I were to focus on the money, I would have had the Mac version out first! The "niche" market for this is huge.

I'm not Adobe.
    I don't have a million programmers.

Junkie - please see my PM to you.

- Marc
  20. junkie4life

Message Count:
    Business Cards were for me

Marc,

thanks heavens the cards were not for a client. They were for my own business. I really wanted to build the company from the ground up and I kind of feel cheated (in a way) because I was forced to outsource a task I wanted to handle on my own 100%. I know there were probably other ways I could have printed them myself, but it would have probably been too time consuming without a tool like CIC in my arsenal.

Ah well, I still keep moving forward and adapt to things as they come. This wasn't a road block, just a slight bend in the road. Hopefully by the time CIC comes out for Mac I will be able to support a client base with regards to Corporate Identity and Concept development and not have to worry about missing a deadline or having to outsource.

A lot of my words may seem like personal attacks against Marc, but they are not. They are at the bitter sweet relationship I have with my Mac. Owning a Mac is the BEST and WORST thing at the same time. It feels like tasks are so much harder sometimes because Mac users have far fewer quality resources. That is why I was happy to find the Laughingbird products and then to find out Marc was a Mac user I though all my problems were solved. But alas, I am in the same position I am always in...struggling to get my Mac to have the same access to software applications.

Laughingbird products really are helpful and I still recommend them, I just wish I could have CIC myself.

Junkie