New set of eyes needed

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Skitzo, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Ok... I'm redesigning a site for a friend of mine who imports fishing lures. Here is my test site:

http://thompson.kingpinhosting.com/back/crankeng.html

It's the header which is killing me. I made the menu on the left and then I was given the logo to the right - I tried to clean it up a bit but I'm having problems making that section of the header look "business like" It's just 'too much' I think. Anyonw have a good business type idea? -or using the same colours as on the left side (menu)?

Can someone mock something up with this?

Attached Files:

2. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Check with your "Client" and see if any of these would do..

On the fish in the circle, I can change the colors to whatever you desire, But why do that now if it wouldnt work...Let me know...Worlock

Attached Files:

3. Skitzo

Message Count:
    Thanks for the reply! The problem is I can't change that logo.... that one was made by the owner (by hand) and he scanned it in and it's on all his shirts..... so, how to make it more business like. What if I made it all the same colour as the menu on the left....
  4. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    You got me on that one,Im really not sure I understand the "Business Like" properties of it. Good luck!
  5. KD-did

Message Count:
    Try changing the header's green to the blue-grey that is in the fish's tail. RGB 106,150,171.
  6. awalck

Message Count:
    Skitzo, Great work on the website - I like it.

I liked KD's idea, but I hope I understood her correctly, but I grabbed some colors off the fish, but I didn't see if they were the same value's KD mentioned.

The line under (or box around) the logo is optional, but I didn't know what to do yet with all that white space. I'll think about it some. Anyway... here's 2 quick mock-ups of some color changes. Also, let me know if you want his fish vectorized to make it re-sizable easier. Thanks.

Attached Files:

7. awalck

Message Count:
    KD, I just read your post again. You were referring to the big green area on the sides of the page. Duh, don't know what I was thinking when I read it. Sometimes I think English is my second language. :)

Here's an idea to fill in the void that I had drawn before I got hit in the head...

Attached Files:

8. KD-did

Message Count:
    I still think the blue/grey in the logo fish's tail is the way to go. Allen, it is not uncommon to have subtle differences in colors in between different computers, that is why there are "safer" internet color choices than others. You very well may have calibrated you computer differently than mine is calibrated. No two people see color exactly the same way and neither do computers ...there can even be a difference between a Mac calibration and PC calibration.
  9. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    can you post your wire frame that you have for this!!!
    i have a few ideas but i need to see your wire frame
  10. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    here is my concept on your design

Attached Files:

11. 3DS

Message Count:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.