new problem with 3.6

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by dream master, Aug 15, 2004.

1. dream master

Message Count:
    any one else having a problem when they do the internet check up for updates and it saying you must be connected to the internet and i'm on DSL. :17: i know there are no new updates but i like to check everyting to see if it works. : O-Yeah:
  2. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    Yup, you're right...it doesn't seem to be working in v3.6 I had same problem as you and I also tested with a v3.5 and it upgraded to v3.5.1 without a hitch. I then retryed v3.6 again immediately thereafter and again v3.6 tells me need to connect to the internet and try again all the while I AM connected to the internet.

Just add it to the bug list I guess.

I had a new issue as well with hiding the desktop(linked here). It's not a critical issue as I can still use the program.

Marc, can we get a Forum Header just for "Bugs and Problems" in The Software section?? Just so all the bugs and software related issues can be coralled into one area instead of having them all over the place on the TLC forums.
    Just my .02 :confused:
  3. dream master

Message Count:
    well that's good then. my system is not on crack then. hehehehe :0

4. RLKing Guest

Message Count:
    Yep, I have the same problem with my Cable Modem!

Ray
    eBook Designs
  5. briman

Message Count:
    Yep, same here on dsl. It says Im not connected to the internet.
    No big deal now but what if there is an update?

Is anyone else seeing that in V3.6 the minimize window is shaded out?
    To me its a must since I work on logo's while working on other programs.

Marc,
    any fix for this?

Other than this 3.6 is awsome!

Briman
  6. jcwings

Message Count:
    I agree. Once I figured out how to move the older version files into 3.6 I found it very user friendly. My only complaint now is when attempting to insert a new image element I find it difficult to see the image on the dark blue field when scrolling through the orbs, swooshes, etc. Especially those that are thin or those with a blue or purple color. Does anyone know if there is there a way to change the background color so it is easier to see?

JC
  7. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    I'm pretty sure it's hardcoded into the program...which means it will require a patch/update from Marc.
  8. gilbert

Message Count:
    Yes ,I have the same problem with my Lan Modem.
    Can't update .
    Gilbert
  9. KD-did

Message Count:
    You guys already know about the update so why are you asking the program if there is one? You'll notice he didn't send out his usual announcement either as of yet.

I am sure Marc is just trying to make sure things are going well beforehand by letting forum visitors know first as a shake down...That way if there are problems they can be dealt with before he has a mailbox that is overflowing.

Marc has his nose to the grindstone putting the finishing touches on The eBook and Box Cover Creator and hopefully after MS releases the new service pack won't need any revisions.
  10. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Thanks Katie!
    yes, I'm working feaverishly on this crazy eBook and Box Cover Creator!
    Now that the new engine for TLC c3.6 is done, The eB&BCC can move forward faster than ever.

The updater for v3.6 on the server is new! Yes, it will tell you you're not connected even though you are! I'm working on this.

What I'm trying to create is a way for you to actually SEE what the updates will entail (rather than just download unseen items). The error message isn't supposed to tell you you're not connected! This is a bug :0 Sorry about that!

Hang tight!
    Thanks for posting here you guys. It really helps nail these crazy bugs!

- Marc
  11. laughingbird

Message Count:

I need to put back the minimize button!
    didn't mean to take that one out. The code has a new way of working with Windows. I'll put this back and update the software via the updater ... which will work shortly!

And thanks for the feedback on v3.6! Glad you like it.
    ... have you seen the new tutorial? Pull down the 'webhelp' menu and select the "Short tutorial" item.

- Marc
  12. laughingbird

Message Count:

Good catch on this one (the dark blue backing behind the orbs).
    I'll fix this. I'll replace the top panel background color so that you'll be able to see all of the objects a bit better.

Items to update:
    -- Put back the minimize button.
    -- Change background on top panel
    -- Update the updater :)

easy changes. Should have them up shortly.

- Marc
  13. inachu

Message Count:
    um I just hope after all these bugs are fixed then the price will go up to $400.
  14. BassDaddy

Message Count:
    Umm, you want it to go up? :confused:
  15. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Ha! Great! As soon as I fix the above bugs, I'm raising the price of the software to $400! :6:

:)

... I do appreciate the compliment Inachu! I assume you meant that once all of the bugs are out, the sofware would be worth $400! However, I'm keeping it at $69.95USD for now !

- Marc
  16. KD-did

Message Count:
    $400 just about cover the asprin bill :) until things get ironed out.
  17. dream master

Message Count:
    so then if he does another update how can you when it says it's not connected to the internet? thats the reason for my post. hello:blahblah:

18. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    It will be a manual download/install like v3.6 was for previous 3.x versions.
  19. dream master

Message Count:
    it will have to now since it's a bug that we found. cool animation there with your avatar. =]
  20. LogoManiac

Message Count:
    Thx but nothing special really. Xara3D deserves the credit. :D