New Company Logo

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator Gallery' started by Nickydude, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Here's a new logo for my company. Is it ok?

:image28::image27:

Attached Files:

2. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    it breaks my heart to do this BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry no,but if you like it that is all that matters?,sorry for being blunt

3. awalck

Message Count:
    Do you design circuit boards or cartoon characters for kids?
    It's nice work nickydude, but I want you to do well. I can't tell who your target audience is because of the type of graphic you made. Good start, but I'd expand your ideas some.

4. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Thanks for the advice guys, how about this one? (The circuit board was just something I put in :))

Attached Files:

5. awalck

Message Count:
    So, you design websites? help me out here nicky... hey, you could 'smash' or lower the 'e' & 's' down some underneath his/her/it's left foot as if it were tramping on them. Just a thought. I'd lose the background completely, it really distracts from your logo.

6. Wicked

Message Count:
    Also what matters a lot is how it fits into your website. I think the graphic itself looks pretty good. It doesn't look so much like a logo as much as it looks like a good graphic. I think it looks good but I would go for more simple. You will be suprised how much punch a simple logo carries.. Keep up the good work though nicky. Youll get what your looking for..

7. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Ok guys, how about this one? Am I getting warmer? :)

Yes awalck, it's all about websites so I'm thinking about putting a tag line underneath the company name, anyone any suggestions?

Attached Files:

8. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    You mean the weird person type graphic? It's supposed to represent a 'Mad Lad', that's the idea. Apart from not liking the graphic is the composition of the logo ok?

9. awalck

Message Count:
    Nickydude, I think your company name is getting 'washed out' now. Maybe put a black shadow (slight one) behind it, or outline it in black, or change its color (try the same color as the shirt). not sure.... Honestly, I'm not particularly fond of the character, but I will give my best advice to help you improve the look of your logo. I just don't know if I'd hire someone who has it - your work (web designs) better speak for themselves. "To each his own" - you are entitled to use whatever your heart desires.

Worlock, nice drawing there - yours? Great job.

10. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    well straight away if i was any prospective client i would by pass your site as soon i as i set eyes on that logo

i do wish to be cruel but in the cold light of day you need to bring your design skills up a notch ,and think about your market that you are aiming at,if you are aiming at the 10 yr old market then fine
    but if you are in the running to make money from your en devours then you really need to sit back and take stock of what you are trying to achieve

as i said i don't wish to be cruel to you !!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Using the word "MAD" is hard to accomplish when using a graphic...especially when you dont really want to appear mad to begin with....But I have a thought or better yet a design I think that can give you more ideas about your logo...How about something along this line?

[​IMG]

I tried to stay in your color zone from your previous design.
    This way it doesnt appear scary or wierd...But suttle...Just throwin out some ideas here....Bye!

12. Chris

Message Count:
    Nickydude your working on the hardest design to do. The one for yourself. :D I always hate designing my own logo. I never seem happy with it. Anyways. I think personally not using a mascot, but using an icon in your logo would look cleaner and more professional.

I have attached below 2 ideas I threw together with the new web 2.0 pack for TLC. I hope these get you headed in the right direction.

Look forward to seeing your finished work.

Attached Files:

13. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Heres a concept for you...If you want it let me know and Ill send it to you.

Attached Files:

14. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Sorry for the delayed reply, been trying to get a showcase of my stuff together.

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement and there are some great designs there. Worlock, I do like your design above this reply. I wanted something different than a 'nice' corporate logo, something with a weird person, a 'Mad Lad' in it, if you could send it I'd be most grateful. Would you be sending it as elements so it can be tweaked?

15. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Oh, and what software could I use to be able to extrude the design (like a 3d model)? Something preferably free as I don't model and it would be a one off. :)

16. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Im not sure I understand about the 3d Model thing.....Ok I dont understand it...But as for the logo itself, I will send it as each image ( element broken down ) and the logo itself...You want it in email or PM?

17. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Email if you could: andy[at]madladdesigns.co.uk.

This is what I meant about extruding:

[​IMG]

I want to be able to manipulate the logo a 3d model so I could, for example, create an anim of it spinning.

18. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Oh!!! Ok...well I know that Xara does something like that and Gif Works can too..been along time since I used any of those proggies...I probably dont remember how...I'll see what I can come up with and maybe someone else can give better direction on this than I can...But I will check for ya! Hope that zip file works for you, All elements are transparent pngs.

19. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Had a play around, what do you think?

Attached Files:

20. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    cant really read the word "DESIGNS" on the second one..Not to sure about the first one yet