Never work with kids, animals or relatives!

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator Gallery' started by debdodd, Feb 20, 2008.

1. debdodd

Message Count:
    Okay folks first time I've started a thread but I have a question to ask ... when doing flash ad creator is there a way to change the background color that is always white ... at least it is in the the templates I am trying to use.

I broke all my own rules and am designing a website for my brother and he has criticized everything and every sample of flash ad I have presented to him ... from the "background is too white" to the text doesn't pause exactly where he wants it to ... AARRRGGGHHHH!

Since I am doing it for free I think he needs to back off but sibling rivalry aside (and the fact that he is an insensitive jerk) how do we modify colors and does anyone else have difficulties with the text stopping on the last couple of letters before it moves on to the next image?

Thanks for the info and if you never hear from me again ... I have either gone suicidal or homicidal ....:image10:
  2. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    The text background is (i think)always white
    Topcatz
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi debdodd.
    welcome to the forum.

LOL, don't go Suicidal OR homicidal.
    It aint' worth it.

Better to short sheet his bed or something. Maybe some itching powder in his sleeping bag during a sleepover.

Yes, Topcatz is correct.
    The backgrounds to most of the Ads are white.

However, inside the actual application folder, you'll find another folder called "Native Flash Files" ... these are the original Ads in Flash. You'll need Flash in order to edit them.

to pause on a specific frame, make sure you have the latest version of the FAC: http://www.flashadcreator.com/updates

Version 2.5 allows you to pause.

Hope this helps for now.

Switch out your brother's sugar holder with salt. This'll teach him to look a gift horse in the mouth. I did it to my own brother and he's been a saint ever since. (but he says he'll never eat Cheerios again!)

Marc
  4. OldenGray

Message Count:
    Rather than spending big bucks for Macromedia Flash, you might want to look into Namo FreeMotion. It's a lot like the high-priced version, yet will still allow you to edit the flash movie. The manual comes with it and the learning curve is not too steep. I think it's around $100 or so.
    Olden

P.S. I agree with your philosophy: especially, the part about never working with relatives. The pay is terrible!
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Yes!
    I had forgotten about Freemotion.

We actually did a partner mailing many months back for this product.

Good choice.
  6. Lamo1graphic

Message Count:
    you can also use a flash decompiler to change the back ground or remove it

flash trillix works great
    hope this helps you
    graham
  7. OldenGray

Message Count:
    LB and debdodd
    I've used Freemotion and really enjoy its versatility and ease of use. It's a smooth program. I think you'll have fun using it and you might also want to look into NAMO's Web Editor as a companion program if you are into creating websites. Combine that with the Laughingbird line-up of programs and you've got a design studio on your desktop.
    Olden