Need Url Link Not To Open New Browser Page!

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by soaringpine, Mar 16, 2008.

1. soaringpine

Message Count:
    Hi guys,

I am a new purchaser of the software but know flash semi-well. I bought this to cut time on ads I create for clients but am running into a slight issue.

Is there a way for me to set the ad to link directly to a page within my website and not open up a new window? Can't find the setting in the software options but perhaps the actionscript is located somewhere in the software files?

Any help would be much appreciated!

:image27:
  2. fistuka

Message Count:
    thats actually a VERY good question - i would be happy to find out how to create a banner that doesn't open a new window - since most browsers block this click.
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Yes, this is a nice feature request.

This (as of now) can only be done by either editing the template source (.Fla source files are located in "Native Flash Templates" located in the Flash Ad Creator's folder), or by adding a small feature into the software where users can choose between a new window or same window.

New update pending! :)

Marc
  4. Wicked

Message Count:
    It would be a nice feature to see... However for now keep in mind that browsers will not block a click for a new window open unless it has coded parameters for the new window to be opened.

For example this code may cause a window to be blocked with some pop up blockers.

However popping up a new window using this example of a code will not be blocked the majority of all pop up blockers which the following example is a method that the software uses. Maybe not exactly but an equivalent to this code.

A pop up blocker that blocks that example of code is one that has been overly unnecessary custom adjustments to the pop up blocker settings.. Most internet users recognize that these settings over do it a bit after doing such a thing and change it back anyway.. So I would not worry too much about default settings of pop up blockers (majority of them) blocking the link to your flash button..

-Jason-
  5. fistuka

Message Count:
    thanks....

thanks Jason and Marc,
    i need to check this code, see if i can make something out of it... shame there is no simple way to solve this, i think that clicking the ad should lead, by default, directly to the URL.
    Will wait for the update... maybe this will be answered...
    thanks again.