Need Tutorials - Free software in return

Discussion in 'Help Wanted - Free Software offered' started by laughingbird, Jan 15, 2009.

1. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hello Laughingbird Software forum members!
    Happy 2009 to you!

I wanted to proudly announce that the Laughingbird Software forum has reached its 16,000 member! :D

Since converting to the new Small Business Design Network, we've grown faster and stronger over the past few months.

I'm writing to you because I need your help.
    In return, I'll send you a free Laughingbird software product of your choice.

I'm looking for 'real life' tutorials. Tutorials created by users of ANY Laughingbird Software product:
    The Logo Creator - The Business Card Creator - The Flash Ad Creator - or, The Web Graphics Creator and the new Showcase Creator!

(if you haven't tried out the new Showcase Creator yet - it's currently on sale for just $19.95)

Each tutorial that I pick to put up onto my websites, I'll give you a free Laughingbird product of your choice.
    (anything but the MegaPack Logo Creator edition).

Here's what I'd like if you're interested:

You create a tutorial just like these:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/The-Logo-Creator/tutorials.html

They can be easy (a few screenshots) or elaborate.

Basically, I'm looking for some nice tricks and/or techniques you're using the software for. Have you created any Podcast covers? Page headers? Flash animations? -- have you come up with a unique business selling business cards to others?

The sky's the limit, and free software is the prize.

I'm also looking for new testimonials or ANYthing you've created with any Laughingbird Software product. (send links to your work!)

In return for some testimonials, I'd be happy to link back to you and your company on any of my websites that contain the above.

Please feel free to post any comments or questions about this below!

Thanks very much for being a part of Laughingbird Software!
    Here's wishing you incredibly well for 2009!

- Marc

Marc Sylvester
    Laughingbird Software
  2. davidkimball

Message Count:
    Good Morning!

It has been great seeing you grow over the years. Congratulations! I can make a video tutorial but it is an older version, from about 5 years ago.

Would this be acceptable?

David
  3. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    You're quite welcome to link to www.madladdesigns.co.uk for the flip book on the main page (although the site isn't finished yet.)
  4. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Here's a very simple tutorial on how I do nice smooth outlines for text.

1/. Turn the Outline on

[​IMG]

2/. Put the Outline Width to 3 (see above image)

3/. Now turn down the Outline Opacity.

[​IMG]

Extremely simply and produces decent outlined text (well for me anyway, lol!).
  5. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Dave.

Please see a PM from me.
    Thanks for your offer here!

- Marc

6. laughingbird

Message Count:
    NickyDude!

Thanks for the link to the page.
    See a PM from me as well.

Marc
  7. Nickydude MadLad Designs

Message Count:
    Your message box is full Marc. :)
  8. laughingbird

Message Count:
    lol.

Sorry.
    It's not anymore.

Marc
  9. Ravensnest

Message Count:
    Okay... so I messed up. Thought I was replying to this but was actually posting a new thread.... Anyway, I have actually not only designed several logos... I've also created a number of t-shirts for schools, softball teams and booster clubs. Here's a link to some of my stuff:
    http://ravensnestdesign.net/
  10. Wicked

Message Count:
    ****Removed my accidental uncalled for comment.*****
  11. Ravensnest

Message Count:
    I guess it has something to do with me reading the entire original post and seeing this:

"I'm also looking for new testimonials or ANYthing you've created with any Laughingbird Software product. (send links to your work!)"

So sorry I offended you. This was my first post to this forum and I suppose it will be my last. Marc is very friendly and inviting... you however are not. It's too bad as you are representing laughing bird as a mod here. Treating new members in this manner is not exactly "inviting" and pretty much turning me off the company... thank you for making me feel so welcome. You know a pm would probably have been a better idea than calling someone out. Especially when they've done NOTHING wrong. I did exactly what was requested. Not a great first impression... thank you.
  12. KD-did

Message Count:
    Ravensnest, I am soooo very sorry that Wicked offended you I know he did NOT mean to. You are right you did nothing wrong. He must have been looking for a written or video tutorial on how you used TLC on your site. You can put a link in your signature so everytime you post your site can be seen. I'll make him stand in the corner if you want!
  13. Wicked

Message Count:

Please accept my public apology Ravensnest. Your certainly deserve it. It's just we have had such a big problem with spam lately with the combination of my misunderstanding the original post in this thread as you stated. I do on occassion make a mistake and should have addressed it differently. I sincerely hope you accept my apology.
  14. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Ravensnest,

Please don't take offense.
    Wicked was just trying to watch my back as he always does.

Wicked has saved us from a lot of fake spammers.
    Post your stuff again. I'm sure we'd all like to see it.
  15. Wicked

Message Count:
    I put his link back up there Marc which has some nice designs up there. Sorry again for my mistake.
  16. billk43542

Message Count:
    I've designed all graphics on my new site using Logo Creater including header and logo. Awesome software!...http://www.lunchfinderz.com

Thanks Marc,

Bill
  17. Ravensnest

Message Count:
    Thank you Wicked, KD, and Marc. I appreciate and I will try not to get all bunched up next time over a misunderstanding. I should have PM'd Wicked instead too.

I have used the software to design logos for my business and others too. But I've also used it to design a LOT of softball uniforms. I'm a "her" by the way lol and I'm very involved with my local softball league.

I started making designs for my daughter's teams and ended up making them for several other teams. I also designed her elementary school's t-shirt for the last two years and just did one for the high school's drill team.

I do them for free as part of my duties on the board of directors, PTO or Boosters. But I have maked money with logos for other businesses.

Thank you again for the apology and explanations. I do appreciate it.
  18. KD-did

Message Count:
    Ravensnest, you are very gracious. Perhaps you might write a tutorial on what steps you took to prepare your logos for the teams and school to get ready for printing.
  19. binkys3

Message Count:
    Sounds like a heck of a deal to me!! I need to do some logo's for my ebay store and ebay id's. Also for my websites (that I haven't started yet, but have the domains) and my husband's business. BUT I HAVE to do my ebay store first. I would like the Web Graphics for me that would be more useful. I can do more with it. I just have so much to do and so little time to do it. So if the offer applies to me I would love the Web Graphics, I think I will buy the Logo one anyway, but that will have to wait till maybe next week, I just got laid off so...........money is kinda tight here!
    thanks
    binkys3 Pat Anderson
  20. SpizyChicken

Message Count:
    I have a very unique and creative use and would be happy to do a short video/image tutorial on it. The use will really increase the value and options of your product.

LET ME KNOW what I need to do next.