Need an honest review

Discussion in 'Websites reviewed' started by Alice, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Alice

Message Count:
    Hello,
    I am new to the forum but would like to jump in here. I have been redoing my home page and need an opionion on how it looks, etc.

ANY help would be appreciated.
    www.chew-on-this.com

Thanks
    Alice
  2. awalck

Message Count:
    Welcome Alice. Well, I was going to say that you came to the right place for opinionated people, :) but I really mean to say "we'll gladly give you our opinion". LOL. You are off to a good start, but - here's where my opinion comes in - let's talk about the header. If it were my site, I'd make the header a little smaller (height wise) or add more to it. It seems out of proportion to your "chew on this" logo. I imagine that is your pet, (cute dog btw), but it (the "home" picture with the date stamp on it) doesn't give your site the professionalism it deserves. It looks like you carry some great products and I want your business to succeed. So, think about a logo (keep the same font even) with maybe a dog bone of something else added to it, then put your tag line below the logo instead of above. Make your logo the 'center' of attention. The only other quick suggestion would be to make your navigation buttons on the left side smaller and use a font that's not the same as your logo. Remember, your logo deserves a spotlight of it's own. Hope this helps. Keep up the good work. I wish you much success. BTW, do you have any of the Laughingbird software?
  3. Alice

Message Count:
    Thanks for the quick response.

I don't have the software yet. That's why I am here--checking it out. Not too sure which program to puchase tho.

The software builder that I am using can be difficult and I am thinking of moving my store to another host. I want to build a really cool header to catch attention.

I just put the picture of Buddy there as I didn't find at the moment anything I like. My logo is father down the page after the dog treats. My little dog chef.

Which program do you recommend?
    Again, thanks for your thoughts.
    Alice
  4. awalck

Message Count:
    No problem Alice. I hope nothing I said offended you. And yes, some site builders can be difficult to use your graphics with, without a lot of modifying.

That's a cute logo (sorry I missed it) - did you draw it? If you'd like it vectorized (to allow it be re-sized without losing resolution) let me know. Send me a PM (private message). Then you can use it with your site name as your header. (No offense to Buddy of course). :)

As far as a program from Laughingbird, well... there are some great one's to choose from. The Logo Creator has always been my first love, err- my favorite, but I'm thinking Web Graphics creator might be a good option for you. Take a look at all of them before deciding.:image28: