My First Original Attempt.

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Ravenkeep, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Ravenkeep

Message Count:
    OK. This was my first attempt at creating a logo without using a template. No, it was not a real job. It was a company my brother tried to get started before he passed away.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if I could actually pull of creating a logo. I can see it will take me some practice.

[​IMG]
  2. Ravenkeep

Message Count:
    WOW! That little text looks too fuzzy. Maybe I shouldn't have added a drop shadow.
  3. wacki56 Super Mod

Message Count:
    .....Very good for your 1st attempt! Keep up the good work! TLC ROCKS!! :image10-2:

Bill
  4. Chris

Message Count:
    Nice job. Looks good. You are now addicted. :image11-1:

I am one for not having shadows in logos. I think shadows can only be used at certain times or they will take away from the text and make it hard to read.
  5. Doc

Message Count:
    Very nice first attempt. I agree with Mac27 that shadows are best avoided (most of the time) Keep us updated with your new creations
  6. Ravenkeep

Message Count:
    OK. Shadows for small text are out. I have looking at my logo repeatedly and even though I like it, I just think it looks so bleak, like something is missing. So, I edited it. Tell me what you think of the end result, and tell me what you think is wrong with it also. Logo creation is new to me, and the concepts behind it are quite alien. So, I am learning this concept and the state of mind involved in it. Here is the updated logo.

[​IMG]
  7. Ravenkeep

Message Count:
    Of course it helps to know something about the company. My brother told me what it was, but it was over my head. It was the kind of business that, if you where not involved in that kind of work, you would never have known it even existed.
  8. wacki56 Super Mod

Message Count:
    IMHO........
    I would lose "sparky". The LOGO speaks for itself.

Bill
  9. junkie4life

Message Count:
    I agree...pulling off a macot with a logo that is already quite busy is a little overkill...the logo itself is really cool
  10. Ravenkeep

Message Count:
    Really??! Well, say good-bye to sparky then. I am glad to learn my logo is cool without him. :)
  11. junkie4life

Message Count:
    It's not to say Sparky would not be of benefit...he may help play a role in an advertising campaign or as the mascot on the web site to accentuate or draw attention to specific things. There is a clear distinction between a Mascot and a Logo. A logo is your identity, the Mascot is like your President of Public Relations. They only make their presence when it is needed, but most of the time they are in the background. It's usually very difficult to mesh the 2 together. It definitely exists in the market place (Laughingbird is a prime example), but it's a tough task to pull off.

J4L