Music or Cinema style logos

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by z man, Aug 18, 2008.

1. z man

Message Count:
    I tell ya, I'm just having a blast using TLC! It has to be the funnest program I've used. And like you said, if I need specialized elements, I need something like Photoshop Illustrator. Which is the most user friendly program to use that will let me create my own 3D elements?

Well just when I thought I was happy with my page headers, the perfectionist in me came out and I ended up changing them. One was almost a complete redesign, and the other just some minor improvements. Here are some before and after pix.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Seth
  2. z man

Message Count:
    Pretty cool. Thanks!
  3. Doc

Message Count:
    I use a number of different graphics programs and I think the one that meets your needs best is Xara Xtreme v4. It is very simple to use yet very powerful. I believe there is a fully working demo version you can download from www.xara.com

To give a quick idea of Xara I have made a ticket similar to yours and also done convex & concave versions.

Attached Files:

4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Seth, now you know why my signature mouse says TLC is addictive...
  5. py

Message Count:
    Thanks K-D. After all these years using TLC I didn't know I could copy my graphics over to TLC!
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    Not only copy/move them into TLC but because you are not limited by how many folders that you can add it can make it a great deal easier to get and stay organized.
  7. z man

Message Count:
    Wow, that is pretty darn cool! I went ahead and downloaded the trial Xara Xtreme v4. I want to try my hand at making a movie ticket similar to what you did, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Seth
  8. z man

Message Count:
    Yup!:image28:
  9. Doc

Message Count:
    Hi Seth, drop me an email to doc@r3w.co.uk and I will email back with step by step instructions on creating the ticket in Xara and a few tips on getting other cool efects. It would not be fair to Marc (Laughingbird) to use his forum for a tutorial on another companies graphic software product.

Graham
  10. z man

Message Count:
    I totally understand, I'll drop you an e-mail. Thanks Graham!

Seth
  11. Doc

Message Count:
    I have emailed you the first part of the tutorial Seth. This is what it will make :image28:

Attached Files:

12. z man

Message Count:
    Graham,

I got the e-mail. I have completed part one of the tutorial. So far my blank ticket is looking pretty good. Looking forward to part two.

If my ticket comes out as good as yours did, I will be very a very happy guy.

Thank you very much!:image28:

Seth
  13. z man

Message Count:
    Well I have been learning quite a bit about all this cool graphics stuff (thanks Graham!). Still need to learn how to curve the images, but so far this is what I've come up with, all from scratch. Let me know what you all think.

[​IMG]
  14. z man

Message Count:
    I used the golden movie tickets I came up with (thanks to Graham for the info on that), and using TLC created this:

[​IMG]

I have to agree that TLC is quite addictive indeed.
  15. Doc

Message Count:
    I will get back to you on curving your tickets asap but at the moment I am tied up with a server move which isn't going too smoothly :image10-1:
  16. z man

Message Count:
    Graham,

No problem, what you're dealing with is far more important than me learning how to curve the tickets. Hey anytime is fine. Hope all goes well on your end. Thanks for letting me know.

Seth
  17. z man

Message Count:
    Thank you very much for sharing those music elements! I used one of them in my newest creation. I have to say you did an excellent job with the elements!

[​IMG]
  18. z man

Message Count:
    Here's another music themed header concept I came up with.

[​IMG]

Curious, on the neon lettering, is the standard green glow color changeable to another color of choice? I wanted to use a custom color but only got green.

Seth
  19. KD-did

Message Count:
    Using the built in neon text effect only a moderate change of color is possible in most cases . You must first do your text using the the neon or hot text glow export as TPNG then import back onto the canvas and then use the coloring option to effect changes in color. A great deal will depend on your color choices . Try both solid colors and gradient to see if you can get satisfactory results. Sometimes it is necessary to do the export, import and color change twice to get the closest color to what you are wanting.

Two more music elements for you to try out.
  20. z man

Message Count:
    Thank you very much for that bit of info, I appreciate it. Also thanks for sharing those new music note elements you created, they look awesome! Can't wait try 'em.

Seth