1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Multiple eBooks on Page/Website

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by SharpDataInc, Oct 22, 2009.

1. SharpDataInc

Message Count:
    We am trying to use the spinning eBooks as a items in a shopping cart. Unfortunately the WGC software has hard-coded the images in the Book_Graphics folder. The 100 plus items are all going to look the same! Why does it look in the root directory for this folder instead of the folder the SWF file is located? If I have more than 1 eBook on a website, even different pages, they will all have the same images because of this issue. Am I missing something? If not please provide a way around this, because this seriously hand-cuffs the usability of the WGC. Thanks for your time.

SDI
  2. Chris_Houg

Message Count:
    You could put each book in it's own directory and modify the html to look for the files in the specific directory for the ebook.
  3. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi SDI.

I'm working feaverishly on the new version of The Web Graphics Creator.
    The new version will contain all of the information in each individual .swf file.

You'll then be able to have 3, 4 or 10 books on the same page all looking different.

Hang in there with me!

Marc
  4. SharpDataInc

Message Count:
    I thought I read somewhere about that in the forums. Marc, this software is very nice, we have the CIC, Business Card Creator, Flash Creator, Logo Creator and WGC. It is very cheap and helps us move things faster, especially the simple ones. Sometimes though when things are more complex we have to resort to the old fashion way of time consumption with coding/development. I wish we could get some source code for some of these programs, at least tweak it a little here and there. Ha ha, anyway, do you have a relative time frame for the new WGC update? Oh btw the flipbook is a little buggy, but workable, the developers here wants the source to fix it! You can laugh again! Thanks again Marc!

SDI
  5. SharpDataInc

Message Count:
    Chis Houg, we have modified the html code that calls the spinning image.

<param name="movie" value="eBook1/spinning_book.swf" />
    -and-
    <param name="movie" value="eBook2/spinning_book.swf" />

It still doesn't use the "Book_Graphics" folder in the eBook# location, it needs it in the root.
  6. laughingbird

Message Count:
    SDI,

Are your graphics in the "Assets" folder?
    the Assets folder needs to be in the same location on the server as the .swf file.

Tell you what... you can't have the source code ;) -- but I would like to send you the beta version of the WGC 3.5 - see what you think of it.

The Flip Book Creator has been re-written from the ground up, and the other spinning eBook images (as I mention above) are now stand alone .swf files (no more Assets folder)

PM me if you're interested.

- Marc
  7. SharpDataInc

Message Count:
    Is the Assets folder used for the eBooks as well? I only see it using the Book_Graphics folder. I think the Assets is used for the Flipbook, which runs pretty solid on the client servers.

SDI
  8. SharpDataInc

Message Count:
    Marc is there a time frame for eBooks supported in one SWF? I have a couple clients that I would like to get finished up with the eBook support but again I can only get 1 loaded on any given site at a time. Is there a way to have the "Spinning_Book.swf" look in a given location for its images?