Moving text around

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 1.0' started by sparky, Jan 6, 2009.

1. sparky

Message Count:
    I am having trouble with business card creator. how do you move the text around? I assume that you click on the small circle in the center and drag it where you want it. It won't move. I tried to get the manual but get the error message 404.

If I import a logo it allows me to move it when i click and drag anywhere within the highlighted box. ( not the little circle ) I can not move the text???
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    With the cursor some where on the text box..left click, hold and drag to desired location.
  3. sparky

Message Count:
    I found that if i make the text box larger it will allow me to click and drag it. Now how do I print a 2 sided card?
  4. Flashorama

Message Count:
    Hi Sparky

Few points that might help:

1) Moving a text field:

Use W, A, S, D keys for precise movement, OR

Make sure the text field you want to move is not selected, then simply click anywhere on the text field and drag it.

2) Editing the text field: Double clicking the text field enables it for editing and you will see either highlighted text or a cursor blinking in it. At this time, the text field cannot be moved, you will need to click outside [deselect it] and then click+drag in one go.

3) The circle in the center is to define the rotation point and it does not in anyways helps in moving the text field.

4) 2 sided business card: The rear side of the card can be accessed through the "Flip Card" option in the left side tools.

cheers
    Flashorama
  5. bmorehappy

Message Count:
    I was having difficulty as well. I would click on the item one time. The resize box showed it was selected. I could move my mouse--the moving arrow would appear and then would hold left-click to move it, and it would enter edit stage. It reads clicks even spaced apart as double clicks. So the only way I was able to move anything was by first resizing it.

But here's what works without resizing, like others have said, but with more detail.
    *Make sure item you want to move is not selected at all (no box around it)
    *Move cursor to the item to move
    *CLICK AND HOLD and you will be able to move

Hope this helps!