More Text Help Please

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by vfri, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vfri

Message Count:
    Dumby question! My text is created but I need to do some erasing (as suggested by Wannapic in previous thread) soooo, how do I save it to be reopened in Paint, erased and then moved back to TLC to apply shadows and work with it further. I would like it to have as much of a transparent background as possible, save as a transparent png or what? Thanks for all the help. R

2. laughingbird

Message Count:

Hi Rita!
    Thanks for the question - it's a great one!
    No "dumby question" at all! :)

Export your text as a PNG with Transparency. (You'll find the option under the Export menu).

This will export the image without any background, clean and neat.

Bring it into Paint, modify it, export it from paint as a Jpeg. If Paint can export as a PNG, that's you're best option.

However, the above might not work if Paint can't read in a PNG file.
    You might need a little stronger of a program.

You can also try Exporting from TLC as a transparent PNG - and IMPORT it back INTO The Logo Creator. Play with it that way!

Hope this helps some!

- Marc

3. vfri

Message Count:
    More??

What program(s) would would you suggest for erasing the unwanted lines?

When the text is imported back into TLC as a png can it then be manipulated, colors, shadows, etc?

Thanks

4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Unwanted lines?
    ... can you show me what you mean?

ANY photo-manipulation program should be able to handle what you need. But they get fairly expensive. Personally, Photoshop is the hands down greates application on the planet! ... ahem ... next to The Logo Creator of course.

You might also try hoping over to http://www.download.com and searching for a graphics application.

And yes! To answer your 2nd question. Export your text as a PNG with transparency, then Import it back into TLC. It will no longer be modifiable TEXT, it will now be a graphic -- but you can ad shadows, gradients etc to it.

- Marc

5. vfri

Message Count:
    Well, not really lines...

See attached. I want the V and F to flow together seamlessly.

How do I add shadows and change colors of the txt when it is a graphic?

Sorry, this is new to me. Thanks for your patience and Yes, TLC is the GREATEST!!

Attached Files:

• VF2.jpg
      VF2.jpg
      File size:
      87.9 KB
      Views:
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    Rita, re-coloring an import usually isn't the problem it is changing the outlines and shadows. If you export to work on it elsewhere before starting to work on it again be sure to 'Remove the white background' before attempting changing the color in TLC. You might try laying the F on top of the V to see if it flows and then adjust shadows.

7. Texas

Message Count:
    Nice, Clean Logo

What font did you use?

8. vfri

Message Count:
    font

Shae Script

9. vfri

Message Count:
    What the ???

What in the world am I doing wrong???? Ok, so I put the V and the F together (grouped) changed them to black (because I thought it would be easiest to work with), saved as a png trans file, opened in paint (for lack of anything better), used the eraser to trim off the excess so the V and the F flowed together, resaved it, went back to TLC and imported the png, removed the white background and tried to change the color...no luck, it's still black! :helpnow: I'm getting tired of messing around with this logo.

Attached Files:

• VF.png
      VF.png
      File size:
      9.5 KB
      Views:
  10. Shelly

Message Count:
    what color would you like ?

Attached Files:

• VF.png
      VF.png
      File size:
      3.7 KB
      Views:
  11. vfri

Message Count:
    What's the trick

Shelly, I know that was simple for you but, fess up for a rookie's sake, how's it done? Another thing, on the original I used the 3d tool, is it possible to make the letters 3d after they have been saved as a graphic? Questions, questions and more questions...will they never end? Thanks, R

12. Shelly

Message Count:
    there must something wrong with your instalation, I just downloaded it removed white background and change the color, I take it you are importing it as a new image.
    will check out the 3d and get back to you.

13. KD-did

Message Count:
    Rita, looks to me like Shelly did one of her famous masking techniques. You can import what she has attached here. Import it...then under modify choose to remove white backing and then you will be able to color and add shadows.

Look at Shelly's tutorial on masking. It is wonder.

14. Shelly

Message Count:
  15. vfri

Message Count:
    Thanks to all!

I think I need to play with this mess some more. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.