More Text Effects: Metallic

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by jlsnyder27, Aug 26, 2009.

1. jlsnyder27

Message Count:
    I would like to use metallic feature in one of my logo designs, but when I click on it, it creates a shadow of the word. Is there any way to not have a shadow when using the metallic effect?
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Actually the built in text effect is accomplished by the a layering of gradient coloring and the duplication of the text. You will probably would find it better to do your own metallic effect with the use of gradient coloring your choice and the use of the metallic pallet. Or as a second option you could use a metallic background to insert image in your text.
  3. jlsnyder27

Message Count:
    Thank you for letting me know KD! I was losing my mind trying to figure out how to get rid of the shadow.
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Joe.

KD has a good answer.

Also, keep in mind; each effect actually creates 'groups' of layered images.
    Once you create your metallic effect, click on the text (to select it), then choose "Ungroup" from the MODIFY menu.

Click OFF the text (to deselect all layers)
    Now, you can move each layer around individually - and remove the shadow from the bottom layer.

Hope this helps a bit!

Marc
  5. jlsnyder27

Message Count:
    Marc,

THANK YOU! This worked perfectly. I haven't used this software in a couple years and I am re-discovering how much fun it is. Thanks again for your help!