More Fonts!

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by logomad, Jul 5, 2003.

1. logomad

Message Count:
    Any possibility of some new additions to the font selection you currently have? eg magneto etc? This might be better as a selection in batches - like u have Corp 1+2+3 - I am looking for a particular font - almost like molten metal - imagine liquid mercury in a font! I have seen some these on some ads but have not been able to duplicate!
    Any siggestions you guys/
    P.s a simple idea brilliantly executed - well done Marc and Co for Logo Creator 3.0!
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi LogoMad!
    Thanks for the compliments! They're much appreciated.

Any font you want (I can ryme sometime!) can be used with The Logo Creator. Hop over to any font site, download and install the fonts you'd like to use.

When you select your logo text - there are two font menus. The top one contains your system fonts (any fonts that you install), the bottom menu are the built in fonts (not actually installed onto your system).

The molten look you want can be achieved on your own... if you know (and have) Photoshop!

If you have Photoshop, I highly recommend checking out Adobe.com and looking at the free Action Scripts they have online. You can type each individual letter (in Photoshop) and apply a "molten lava, molten metel" or some such Action Script to the letter. Save this letter as a .png file and use it in The Logo Creator.

If you're interested in a tutorial on this, reply to this thread and I'll see what I can do.

The large letter fonts that some of the Logo Sets have are done with the method above. Lots of work involved, but the outcome is great!

Hope that helps some!

- Marc
  3. Michael

Message Count:
    Hi

Can the TLCv3 built in fonts be added to your system fonts?
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Michael.
    No, the built in fonts are not installed into your system.

If you want a font that you find in TLC, search for it on Google. The Logo Creator only uses free fonts (we're not allowed to resell the fonts that we pay for) so searching for the exact name in quotes should point you to a site that has the font for download.

- Marc
  5. Michael

Message Count:
    Hi

Marc

Thanks, because of this topic, I now have 90 odd more fonts than this time yesterday.
  6. logomad

Message Count:
    Hi Marc !
    Just purchased some fonts which I would like to add to the Logo Creator Font bank - these are in truetype fonts files - how do I convert to .png file for Logo Creator?
  7. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi LogoMad

No need to convert anything! Just install the fonts into your system as you normally would and reLaunch The Logo Creator.

Then, when you pull down the top font menu - you'll see your new fonts! (The bottom font menu are the built in fonts, the top contains your system fonts!)

Let me know if that made sense :)

_ Marc
  8. logomad

Message Count:
    Hi Marc!
    Just installed some 1000 fonts ! Do you want some? :))))
    Marc where can I buy some molton metal effect fonts for logo creator? I do not have Photoshop to be able to create this effect - can't be bothered to learn in Phototshop - too much of a steep learning curve!
    I feel this addition would enhance and give me extra weapons for my arsenal!!!
    Keep up the good work !
    Thanx.