Missing Logo Elements???

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by supergper, Aug 9, 2009.

1. supergper

Message Count:
    Back when I first started using TLC (quite a while ago), there used to be a character guy that looked kind of like a tall lanky character. I can't seem to find him in any of my sets, was he removed?
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    There does seem to have been a loss of a character that was known as "Simmie" somewhere between what was called the Cartoon or Mascot edition package to the package known as "Business Mascot Edition". That would have happened somewhere between TLC 3.6 and V4... .

Simmie was a causally dressed, although rather odd but cute looking character with a big nose. I don't know if he was dropped or was just inadvertently left out. You could try getting a fresh download by looking up your original order (or installing from the original CD if you ordered it)..... installing it as a standalone and NOT merging your TLC earlier edition with any later editions you may have added since. The added advantage is you'll also be able to use all the fonts that were lost between V3.6 and later editions.
  3. supergper

Message Count:
    Thank you, that's the info I was looking for (just to assure me I wasn't loosing it and imagining goofy characters :D). Now, when I re-download my product, will it be the version I purchased or the current version? (I'm in the process of re-downloading now).
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Provided you downloaded the earlier version of TLC (between V3 and V3.6) the re-download will be the exact version as the original purchase ... without any updating that happened since. If your original order had the cartoon character in it you will get it again.