Megapack merge

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by YAG, May 27, 2008.

1. YAG

Message Count:
    Hi!!!

I just received the email with the new logo sets, great job. :image28:

My question is, for the MegaPak owners, when can we expect the upgrade with those Logo Sets (web 2, alphabet).

Thanks is advance!!! :SayingHi:
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Guillermo.
    Thanks for the post.

The MegaPak doesn't (yet) contain the two new logo editions so you won't be repeating any past purchases. Once I merge the new sets into the MegaPak, I'll be increasing the price of the MegaPak (by about $50 USD).

This will happen within the week. Give or take :)

Marc
  3. kikifish

Message Count:
    I just purchased the Mega Pack and noticed it does not come with the Web or Alphabet program as was advertised. How do I get these two? It also does not seem to have very many templates in it, as it says over 400... but its WAY less than that. Any help would be appreciated.

Kirsten
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
  5. kikifish

Message Count:
    Thanks for the reply. I will do that... Oregon Coast eh? I am over in the Eugene area... small world! :image25: Its freezing here...
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    I am in Lincoln City...little cool tonight but will be in the 50 degree range tomorrow during the day.
  7. kikifish

Message Count:
    OK. I am very frustrated... to the point that I want a full refund and to throw my computer! Its overly complicated to even download the software! You have to download the mega pack, then the business card updater... then there is no Alphabet and Web software included as was advertised, then to top it off, you dowload the business card updater and you can't use it because you get an error code after you install the logo creater add on.. whatever the heck that is... Then, nobody has even bothered to get back to me... this is horrible and I am D.O.N.E!!!!

Another fine example of "customer no-service" these days...
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
    Kirsten, I am so sorry that you are distressed . I do not work or represent Laughingbird Software in any way.But I was wondering why you downloaded the business card updater as it is no way apart of the Mega Pack...and the new Business Card Creator is a new program and shouldn't need an update. The update was to bring the Corporate Identity Creator ( the previous product) up to date and perhaps the reason why you got an error. I can't understand why your download didn't include Web 2.0 and Alphabet editions as it should have. If it wasn't as advertised certainly someone have brought it to the forum before now. Perhaps something went amiss during the initial download or there was a problem on site and the wrong backup was used for restoring.... Marc is only one person and would have to take care of the site before he could possibly get to customer service issues.

Have you tried getting a fresh download using the link and reinstalling it? If you haven't you might give that a go . Before getting a fresh download be sure and delete all the TLC files folders under "program files" on your computer. Having a totally clean slate is the only way to go.

I will do my best to bring your situation to Marc's immediate attention.
  9. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Thanks for the heads up KD.

Kirsten.
    I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles.

Can you eMail me, or send me a Private Message (click on my screen name and choose the Private Message option). Send me your order confirmation number. I'll take care of your order.

I'm curious as to where you found the MegaPak that does not contain the newer Alphabet and Web 2.0 sets. I no longer have that particular version on any of my servers. I'm wondering if DigitalRiver still has a link to it somewhere.

Can you let me know so I can remove this?

As for the Business Card update dilemma.
    I'm a bit confused on that part of your problem. ... did you have a previous version of The Business Card Creator?
  10. kikifish

Message Count:
    I PM'd you already about it, but I will do it again. I ordered it throught your website, which directed me to DigitalRiver.