1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Manual for ecover

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by jemcdermott, Feb 27, 2006.

1. jemcdermott

Message Count:
    :helpnow: Does anyone know where the manual for ecover program is??
  2. cybrnetico

Message Count:
    Hello jemcdermott,

First of all, welcome to the forum.
    I am not familiar with this program, but I was able to find a thread that relates to a quick start tut, created generously by one of our members HomeBiz.

Check it out and hopefully it will get you up and Running.
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2883

Cheers!
  3. BradC_WA

Message Count:
    I've read many of the posts regarding the manual, or should I say, lack of a manual for this program. To purchase a software program without a manual is just crazy! Who would do that intentionally? Two problems with this ...

1) Most people don't have much knowledge on creating graphics and like me purchased this program because the misleading sales letter stated how easy it is. Easy is relative. Those involved in the creation of this program could say it's easy. Someone like me who's NEVER used this program before or who has limited knowledge of graphics certainly would not say it's easy!

2) Who's got the time in this fast paced, want it done now society to try and figure out how to use the program regardless to how good of a program it is? The fact is, if we can't use it like it was designed to be used ... without a manual we won't ... the program is worthless! And, many like myself just don't have the time to learn a program without a manual. I still can't believe there's no instructions for say on using this program!

I'm real savvy person with software. Even write software. I've also released a few programs without a manual. BUT, I compensated for that by doing one on one training on how to use it, do group webinars to show multiple people at the same time how to use it, and I created training video's. I never forced my customers to try and figure out how to use the program by themselves, even though the program I created was easy ... at least for me it was!

Check out Camtasia Studio by Techsmith ... http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp. It's screen recording program that will allow you to make training video's. I know you're busy too so this is a great compromise ... you'll be able to create training video's in a fraction of the time it would take to write a manual and people like me will have training video's to learn how to use the program. I'm sure this will also greatly reduce your refunds!

For now, I'm going to request a refund. I simple do NOT have the time to learn a program without a manual or training video's. I'm way too busy for that. If you get training video's or a manual before I buy another one, I'll rebuy this program. I would NEVER have expected there to not be a manual with the program, or something to teach me how to use it. And yes, I saw the tutorial ... not enough info and on an older version.

My only other recommendation is to redo your misleading sales letter. It's on the verge of false advertising.

Spend the $300 on Camtasia Studio and make training video's. You can create very professional video's in a very short time period and make a lot of your customer (current and future) very happy!

Brad
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
  5. BradC_WA

Message Count:
    That's the tutorial I referenced in my previous post ... not enough information and on an older version.
  6. HomeBiz

Message Count:
    :painting: Well I do own Camtasia Studio and I wrote the original eBook to help everyone out, I did this on my own and did not charge anyone for it.

I had to get permission to use the Laugingbird images etc. I still get lots of emails from users about using it The eCover Creator and I am sure they will say that I answered them very fast and helped them out!

I even host the eBook and templates on my own web site for download.

If enough users requested it I just might concider to do a Video Tutorial.

The reason that I have not been on here much is that I have been learning Photoshop CS2, but I do check in here now and then, and I have some medical conditions. I have not been able to afford to upgrade to the Logo Creator 5.0 or any of my other products because of medical bills. If I can help anyone out all you have to do is ask or email me...

I am back to work now, so I will try to get the upgrades soon and get back in here to help you all out.

Enjoy
    Ray
  7. jstc

Message Count:
    Hello Ray,
    This is James. I just purchased Webgraphics Creator a few days ago (26/7/07). I just came to the forum to try to get some info and help and noted you mentioned about an ecover manual. Where I can I find this? Am having trouble following the threads - they seem so old.
    If you are still around, would appreciate a reply.
    Thank you very much.
    James
  8. Lamo1graphic

Message Count: