Make Free Standing or Transparent After Creating in Paint

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Jayemerican, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Jayemerican

Message Count:
    :image25:I was not able to fine a specific picture for a logo I am working on. So I created one using the program paint to add to my elements in the logo creator. But I have not been able to figure out how to get rid the white space in the background, making the self-created element transparent or free standing like the beautiful elements that came with the logo creator. How can I render self-created designs transparent like the elements in the logo creator. What program do I need to get? (preferably affordable and beginner friendly) Or can this be done in Paint or any photo program? I have Photostudio 2.0SE and PhotoFantasy.:image24:
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    The white background may or may not be there in reality ... it may be there just as a size indicator, a "binding box" with pngs easily removed with TLC. Try importing your graphic into TLC, then go to "Modify">>>Remove white background on an import. Test to see how clear your background is by changing the background color. Most graphic programs have an eraser to remove backgrounds before you export.There are also many "image editors" on line for FREE. Another thing you may want to look into with with your existing programs when doing custom graphics is to see if you choose a transparent background before you begin . Programs will vary as what is shown as a default transparency color is...some it is a neon green and others use a checkerboard pattern like Adobe.
  3. perfectjewel

Message Count:
    I take a lot of my elements into Irfanview (a free photo editor, only PC operable for now I believe) and save as a transparent gif before bringing it back into TLC.
  4. daveozz22

Message Count:
    I have the software

Now how do you save as transperint GIF , do not see that option
  5. perfectjewel

Message Count:
    Once you have your element ready, click on "save as." From the dropdown menu, choose Compuserve gif. On the box that you'll see on the right, make sure save transparent color (toward the bottom) is clicked. It will ask which color you choose to be transparent. Click your background. Voila! You now have a transparent gif.