Low Resolution Pictures only in Logo Creator v6.0???

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by CharlieB, Jun 7, 2012.

1. CharlieB

Message Count:
    I created an image that I would like to use in commercial printing, however, when I put it into Microsoft Publisher, it lets me know that it's a low resolution picture. I know that I used to use v2.5 and there was an option to change the resolution, in v6.0 there is NO option available that I can find.

It also doesn't let you change the image to CMYK, but Publisher takes care of that, so no biggie...but the resolution of picture is a big issue.

With there only being JPG, PNG and Transparent PNG files as your only options for saving, it doesn't really help anything.

Assistance?
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    What is the canvas size of the item when you were working on it?

Are you certain you are working with the exported image in publisher?

A couple of others in the forum have discussed this (I'm not sure where) and one of them was exporting the thumbnail of the logo--- easy to do if you are "exploring" instead of working directly through TLC.

What is the size of the final printed item? If you are having something printed up "pretty gosh darn big"- like a 3 x 4 foot poster, then you get into the use of vector graphics. JPG's for example, get really pixelated if enlarged to a huge size- there just isn't enough image information to make a small picture look nice when multiplying it'ssize by a factor of 10 for example.

Now you're getting into a tricky area to discuss (DPI, PPI, output resolution, etc...) which can get quite confusing. I find THIS LINK to be quite helpful.
  3. CharlieB

Message Count:
    8"X11" canvas. Exported as a JPG. The size of the Logo Creator image is 835x650. They will be postcard sized prints, definitely not a poster lol. 300DPI, converted to CMYK, it's ready for commercial printing...it's just the resolution is bad, under 50 DPI is what it's registering.

I'm by no means a pro, hopefully the information I've supplied will be something you can work with to help me go in the right direction.
  4. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    Utilizing your dimensions, I created a test logo, and using MS Publisher in Office 2010 I did the following and had no problems:

1. Imported the original jpg onto a blank 8.5 x 11 canvas.
    2. Ran the DESIGN CHECKER and COMMERCIAL PRINTING CHECKS. These tools are located in the FILE/INFO menu. The checkers determined I only had a problem with blank space above my image.
    3. I set the COMMERCIAL PRINT OPTIONS. I selected CYMK.
    3. I then used the SAVE AND SEND command in publisher and then selected SAVE FOR A COMMERCIAL PRINTER under the PACK AND GO OPTION.
    4. I set my laser printer to an output of 300.

I even changed the output size to 8.5 feet x 11 feet just to see what would happen to the resolution and nothing happened.

I printed the graphic with no problem and it's size matched the original logo of the one I created in The Logo Creator.

NEXT: I used the GRAPHICS MANAGER option in Publisher, and could get an output resolution of 82 DPI, by resizing the original graphic- I simply stretched it until it filled up the entire page.

By any chance are you manually resizing the graphic once it's in Publisher?
  5. CharlieB

Message Count:
    Hello gc! Sorry about the delayed response.

I am manually resizing the graphic to reach the borders of the publisher page. I read what you wrote earlier and I created a much larger version of the image (much larger dimensions in Logo Creator) and tried inserting that picture into Publisher, but came up with the same issue, low resolution.

It was fine when I attempted to do 4x9 postcards, however, when I attempted to create a sign (43"x33") it comes back as Low Resolution.

I went into the Graphics Manager but couldn't pull any information about the graphic. The more I read what you write, the more I believe I just need some training on how to do this properly, more than it is that Logo Creator simply isn't "effective".
  6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    JPG's and other such formats have limited ability to enlarge that big and look nice. You images should really be vector graphics- which use formulas to make graphics look big, regardless of size. Try this to convert your graphic to a vector format: http://www.vectorfactory.biz/