Long story, but after upgrade, I'm missing logos

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by mrdwong, Dec 28, 2007.

1. mrdwong

Message Count:
    Okay, I bought LogoCreator back in 2004 when it was created by LaughingBird Software, powered by Bluejade, and produced by MacXware. I bought version 3.5 and Expansion Pack 1 through MacXware. I saw it at the Apple Store, but I bought it online. I have the original CD's still. I upgraded to version 4.1, but not through MacXware (I guess they developed something called Logo Design Studio...not at all associated with TLC) and with LaughingBird. Today, I just recently upgraded to v5 and v5.1.

My problem is that not all of my logos were upgraded/updated like the description on the website says. This is what I used to see with v4.1 (Bonus Logos, Bonus Logos 2, Cartoon Edition, Company Mascot, Corporate Edition 1, Corporate Edition 2, Corporate Edition 3, Orbs, Swooshes, TLC Expansion Pack 1) and this is what I see under Logo Set with v5 (Corporate Edition and My Templates).

Is it because I originally went through MacXware and their packages that they are not compatible with the upgrade path LaughingBird has set up? Can I do anything to get all of my old logos accessible?

Sorry this was so long, but I couldn't leave out a lot of details.
  2. mrdwong

Message Count:
    I forgot one more package, the Leisure package from v4.1
  3. KD-did

Message Count:
    Back then I didn't have a Mac but,I believe that your version bought back in 2004 would probably be V3.0 . Then I believe there was a Mac DEMO available. Once you bought a TLC program edition and unlocked your purchased edition/s an additional content of logo templates appeared as Bonus logos ...that is If you downloaded the DEMO.

I run the earlier V3 separate from my V4/5.1 (on my PC) mainly because licensing agreements couldn't be reached for some of the fonts and were not available to be used in the newer versions ....and to be able to edit my older logo designs which used the lost fonts.You should be able to do the same on your Mac. just by not allowing it to install V4 and V5 to the TLC V3 program files.V4 and V5 can go together.

Did you save your work separately or did you just store your work in TLC's earlier program files as templates? If using the same machine look into TLC's program files and save your .tlc work files separately.

After saving any earlier work I would start by uninstalling TLC. Start with you original CD and start the re-installation process again keeping V3 separate. Get fresh downloads for the rest and do updates and upgrades in the order of release. You will not be able to do the updates through the program you will have to get them in order which they were released from:
    http://www.thelogocreator.com/updates/