Logo Set Empty (version 3.5)

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by designs, Nov 27, 2003.

1. designs

Message Count:
    Hello:

I upgraded from version 3.1.1 to 3.5 and all of my logo sets are gone. How do I import my logo sets into 3.5.

My operating system Windows XP. Thank you!
  2. Lats

Message Count:
    Thanks for bringing this to Marc's attention - perhaps an updater to the updater will be released soon :)
  3. dream master

Message Count:
    weird i have 3.1.1 and it says i dont need to update
  4. DOdO

Message Count:
    You have to download the 3.5 update manually from http://www.thelogocreator.com/v35Upgrade.html

You can't update to version 3.5 using TLCs auto update feature (at least not yet).
  5. designs

Message Count:
    Hello:

I did upgrade manually to 3.5 and my logo set was empty. Is there anyway that I can import my logo sets from the previous version?
  6. designs

Message Count:
    In response to your email of November 30, my logo set is still empty.
  7. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Designs.

I'm not quite sure what's going on here, but I've heard this from a few others today.

It may be that you've installed the v3.5 updater to another directory. The v3.5 updater is just the engine, it contains no logo sets.

You may have put your older 'v3' into one folder and the new 'v3.5' update into another.

Do a search on your computer for "the Logo Creator", let me know here in the forum if this is the case!

Hope to hear from you shortly!

- Marc
  8. designs

Message Count:
    I did a search and "the Logo Creator" is not present on my system. This is what I did:
    1. Upgraded my 3.0 version to 3.1.1.
    2. Downloaded manually version 3.5 and unlocked it with my 3.0 key. This version was downloaded to a different folder than my 3.0
    3. My logo set was empty
    4. I thought that I uninstalled version 3.5 Logo Creator and re-downloaded it. I must have unistalled 3.0 also.
    5. Unlocked the 2nd downloaded version 3.5 and my logo set is still empty.

What do I do now: o_please
  9. pakman

Message Count:
    Look for the LIbrary directory

Hi, I am not a pro on LTC but, I have tried a few things and know what seems to work for me so here goes.

I think the reason we are seeing this sort of problem is because of the new update and everyone is doing uninstalls and reinstalls... hence causing other problems. I will explain below what I mean:

Some TIPS I find usefull.
    1. I create a directory outside of the TLCs:
    C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v3
    Directory and I call it something like :
    C:\myLogoCreatorData\
    Then when I save anything I create using TLC it will NOT be inside my
    C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v3 .. Programs directory. Using this method allows you to then not have to worry about uninstalling your own data when you unintall TLC. Also, by using this method I do not care what happens during a new install or worse yet, an uninstall.

Important NOTE: I have found that the TLC installer on all occassions will overwrite the uninstall TLC (listed in your xp control panel) when you install a second TLC version within a second XP directory. SO, if you have more than one TLC direcory/version installed on your system you will have only 1 uninstall TLC show up in your control panel. So you should always look in your hard drive and physically look for other verstions of your TLC if you do not use the default TLC directory mentioned above.

2. I have all sets of TLC so I keep a copy of Library directory OUTSIDE of my TLC directory (so it does not get deleted when I do an uninstall). C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v3\Logo Libraries

If you look in there you will see all your libraries. For example:
    C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v3\Logo Libraries\...
    Cartoon Edition
    Company Mascot Edition
    Corporate Edition 1
    Corporate Edition 2
    Corporate Edition 3
    Hollywood Edition
    Leisure Edition
    Value Pak Edition
    Of course yours may or may not look different, Depending on what TLC sets you have installed.

These are the TLC logo sets and ALL will be deleted when you do an uninstall. So you either have to reinstall the sets or you have to copy them from a backup source (as I do) using copy/paste from another hold directory outside the install directory.

The best thing to do is to either reinstall all the sets again. OR copy all the sets from another hold directory and then do the uninstall and then do a new install and re-copy the library sets pack into the LIbrary.

Again, the problem seems to be either you lost them when you did an uninstall or if your library sets of TLC do exist they are someplace still in your other directory you installed them in originally.

You might find it very usefull to look on your hard drive and become familiar with the TLC directory structure. This helps to understand some of the workings here I am talking about.

Another TIP: If you are like me and like to have 2 copies/versions until all "wrinkles" and bugs are out of a product. You might want to do as I do. In this case I did this:
    v3 is in...
    C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v30
    v3.5 is in...
    C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v35
    Now. To get the Logo LIbraries I just copy the above directories that correspond to each library into where they are needed. THen the next time you open the TLCv30 or TLCv35 you will find the libraries. If you see"empty" then this means you need to copy the directories into that folder. either by installing them or copy/paste as I describe above.

Hope this helps,
    PakMan
    :)
    PS. Keep in mind this is my opinion and I am not conected with TLC support~! But I love TLC!
    PSS. Excuse the misspelling. I did not have time to edit this.
  10. designs

Message Count:
    IT worked!. I got my libraries back. I imported my libraries, which I had in another directory and copy/paste in v3.5 and I got them back. Thanks Pakman! :banana :6: : O-Yeah:
  11. russgri

Message Count:
    Update file empty

I have tried several times over 8 hours to download the zip update file.
    I downloads instantly which means that there are no files in the zip file.

Please check this out.
  12. Lats

Message Count:
    I've read over at vbulletin.com where userss have ended up with empty zip files because of the firewall they are behind.

Can you turn yours off?
  13. russgri

Message Count:
    I am not behing a firewall.

I regularly download zip files...in fact this is the only failure and since I heavily use opensource files especialy Php/MySql applications...
    In fact I just downloaded one from whmautopilot.com which is a automated domain control app.
  14. Lats

Message Count:
    Fair enough, it was worth asking though as I've downloaded the update file okay.

What do you think of autopilot so far?

It does a pretty good job for me.
  15. russgri

Message Count:
    I have not installed it yet but It has had rave reviews.
    Have you used the affiliate program yet?

I am still wondering how I will get the update...
    should I try a trouble ticket?

or could you click on it and see if it begins to download or does it download instantly ...meaning it is empty?

You could always abort...
  16. Lats

Message Count:
    Haven't tried the AP affiliate program yet, and I'm holding off on any further AP updates until version 3.

For your update, I'd suggest emailing Marc as I've just clicked on it again from the TLC site and a full download commenced.