Logo needed! Completely out of ideals

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by LeVert, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeVert

Message Count:
    Hi,

I volunteer at a non-profit community business incubator (I'm a web designer by trade) but after over 15 years of coming up with graphic ideals & logos, I'm having one bad dry spell.

Anyway here's the low down (I need a logo and a mascot):

(1) The name as above is long..."All In One Independent Contracting Services L.L.C"

(2) What they do (bear with me): Construction Cleanup, hauling, Construction, Roofing, Painting, Demolition, Refurbishing of Patio Decks, Black top sealing, Handyman, Strip & Waxing floors and Moving.

(3) Colors they prefer: Red, White, Blue and Black.

Any help would be appreciated (after this one I think I'm going on a long vacation to recharge)

Also would like to know if anyone went through "burn out" modes and what they did to get back in the game.

Thanks!!!:image08-1:
  2. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Since your organization does a lot of different venues, I dont think a mascot could cover it all or sum it up, however I could be wrong as I sometimes am :)

So I went with a group of guys doing some of the things your organization does....So heres my concept. Feedback always welcome, And I look forward to it.

Attached Files:

3. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Heres another group of happy guys...coming to get the day started carrying the sign.

Attached Files:

4. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    and 1 more using a single character...Ok theres my concepts all on the table. I mis-spelt contracting, I know...but you get the idea :)

Attached Files:

5. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Uh..is it contracting or contacting? You have it both ways in your post :)
  6. 3DS

Message Count:
    I like em...

hey worlock, i like your characterizations very much. so far they all project a capable & dependable "can do" work ethic, busy, qualified of many skills, etc. to the viewer/customer. i really can see any of these on the side of a work vehicle or biz card... but LaVert will have to be the one to make the hard decision. especially if you keep throwing more cool choices into the mix -haha.
  7. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    To 3DS
    Thank you sir for the comments, I appreciate that! I cant imagine any volunteers looking grumpy for doing what they volunteer for :)

And in keeping with the "Happy" Theme...I guess :)

Heres 1 more design I came up with to add to the ones already posted.
    Question...what is your request going to be used for? Website, letterheads, Business cards???
    Also you asked "Also would like to know if anyone went through "burn out" modes and what they did to get back in the game."

The answer is simply...We got hungry :lol:

Attached Files:

8. LeVert

Message Count:
    Thanks Worlock!!!

Thanks for responding Worlock.

I love them!!! How much do charge (with your permission, I like to show them all to him and let him pick)?

Let see if can answer some your questions/comments...:

"...Since your organization does a lot of different venues, I dont think a mascot could cover it all or sum it up..."

My thoughts were very similar but you seem to find a way "great job". Oh by the way, this isn't my company, it's a client of a non-profit business incubator (new small businesses are given office space; use of computers, phones, fax, etc...; business consultation; logo & web designs {where I come in}, for free).

"...Uh..is it contracting or contacting? You have it both ways in your post..."

It contracting... the burn out is effecting my typing!:image10:

"Question...what is your request going to be used for? Website, letterheads, Business cards???"

All the above and then some (flyers, doorhangers, postcards, etc...) when you offer free service (the agency offers a corporate ID package to help new small business) business will take advantage of it.

If I may ask (you don't have to answer you already been more than helpful), where you getting this characters there great. Are you drawing them, using software??? Do you have multi-culture ones?

Thanks again!!!
  9. KD-did

Message Count:
    I found going into an observation mode very helpful. Looking at logos done by others in the phone book on TV any everywhere I was...critiquing what I observed and mentally making changes .
  10. LeVert

Message Count:
    Thanks KD-did

Thanks KD-did!!! For advise and the logo.

With permission I will show he your logo... If he chooses it what the charge?
  11. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    I have many sources for my graphics (i.e. purchases, cd's, friends that draw and programs I buy. ) I'll send you a PM about the other information, but unfortunately for me, my morning time has ran out and I have to get ready for work. By all means show them and if they ( your client ) decides on any of them or any combination...let me know...You can either PM me, email me or post here when an answer is obtained. as for multi-cultural, well lets say I can modify any of them to appear that way :) its just a matter of altercations.

So I will wait and I'll send a PM after I get off of work at 9 pm my time. CST since Im in Texas....Thanks for the comments and the feedback! glad you liked them at least :)
  12. KD-did

Message Count:
    LOL hey Worlock I think you mean alterations not "altercations" unless you are going to be punching them into submission.
  13. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    well yes mam, you are correct in this, But how about cutting instead of punching :lol: let the scissors do the work...
  14. KD-did

Message Count:
    Lol.:image13:
  15. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Im happy that I made you laugh... :D
  16. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Heres 1 more I had to throw in the mix...Simple TLC Logo. real simple to re-create...And no I didnt have to do any altercations to it :lol:

BTW LeVert...Id like to see some of your work if you dont mind :D

Attached Files:

17. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    after looking at the logo above this post, I thought..Surely I can do that better, and heres 1 more of that design. Has the colors and the mascot asked for in the original post :)

Attached Files:

18. KD-did

Message Count:
    Great work there Worlock!!!
  19. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Wow...I like the hard hat idea too, Those are really cool! and thank you for the comment.
  20. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Ok after I got home from work, I thought of another design, One of more Ummmm multi-cultural behind it...Here it is.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.