logo feedback

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by tdvido, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdvido

Message Count:
    Ya know how it is when you work on a logo for an extended period of time that it starts to run together!! your not sure if it's cool or if it stinks...well that's me. I really like this but i am really struggling with whether i like it with or without colors! course you can see its for an IBEW Local and they are all about the american colors and way so i thought it would be cool to add that to the road that goes right to the state district they represent...but i dont know...seems alittle too flashy?..but then i like it too...seems like i could pick it to death at this point but something just seems to be lacking or maybe too much of...

never posted pics before so bare with me if i screw it up..i have like three versions to get your take on...and really need honest feedback

Attached Files:

2. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    To be honest, I would take out the swoosh coming out of the planet earth. maybe cut back on the spinning swooshes a bit too, I like where you took this really, But it seems over crowded in my opinion.
  3. tdvido

Message Count:
    yelp i was kinda feeling that was over done too!..just needed to hear it.
    Thanks for the input!!
  4. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    It really has appeal to it...And a lot of ideas could come from its design, You did good....really !
  5. tdvido

Message Count:
    Thanks!! Really appreciate the feedback!
  6. tdvido

Message Count:
    Here is another one i came up with...

Attached Files:

7. tdvido

Message Count:
    I think the yellow in the electrical symbol is gonna be a problem because it blends to much and hard on the eyes...thinking about just making that black...i did have the website address in black letters but my husband thought the red would be more fitting giving its part of the union's colors
  8. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Make it red and put it left and right of the words "electrical workers"

Might want to consider using lightning bolts if you have any :)
  9. tdvido

Message Count:
    well i did try the lightening bolt from the get go and just didn't like it..i don't know if its the balance thing of the round globe and the off feel of the lightening bolt or what but just didn't like anyway i went about it...it tends to give the globe wings anywhere near it.

I merged the two logo ideals and wonder what you think about this take. Not sure if i will be able to use this flag as i may have to find one like it and pay for it in order to copyright the logo and not break any copyright rules of using this flag..plus given its original size i may have issues when its blown up for tshirts and it becoming blurry anyway

Attached Files:

10. tdvido

Message Count:
    I think this might work!

Attached Files:

11. tdvido

Message Count:
    gee i am having a hard time finding a flag like this i can use legally...cant use istock ect ect...they don't allow it for the uses i would being using it for and i would not be able to copyright the design with that in there...seem to run into that everywhere i look. I would need a downloaded one correct that would pixel at my largest size for use which would be 10in x 10in...if i go with this any ideals on where to look
  12. KD-did

Message Count:
  13. tdvido

Message Count:
    so if i used it in a logo i could not copyright the logo?...new territory for me here and don't wanna get myself in trouble :image08:
  14. KD-did

Message Count:
    If I were you I would submit the logo for copyrighting without the American flag. Simply put you can NOT own the American flag. For display purposes on websites, lapel pins, hats, shirts etc .. consider making a flag with your logo design and crossing it with the American flag.
    debbiespics likes this.
  15. tdvido

Message Count:
    Wow...soo glad you looked after me on that one!! Thanks bunches...i never would have known:image10-1:
  16. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Heres another flag I have its a freebie

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.