Logo Creator just purchased, help needed

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by OBGInc, Aug 13, 2012.

1. OBGInc

Message Count:
    I have been trying to get help on this for a few days now.
    I purchased Logo Creator6. last Friday and when I open it, I get the page of logos, when I click, 'select a template set|logo templates', but when I click on file|new or file| open, nothing happens.
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Double click on the template.The first opening of a template can take a moment or so. A "New" file starts with a totally blank/clear canvas ready to start your logo project.
  3. OBGInc

Message Count:
    It works once, only once!!!!!! Then I have to unistall, then reinstall then it works only once again! This is BS. I have been asking for help for days now. Going out of town tomorrow night and unless this is solved prior to tomorrow morning, this software is useless to me!!!!!!!! Who do I send the bill to for all of the time I have wasted with this crappy BS software with lousy (correction) useless support?
  4. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    I'm sorry you are experiencing some problems. In order to help you it helps to know some specific information:
    1. What OS are you using? Windows or MAC (And what mac os?)
    2. How do you uninstall the software? Version 6.0 does not have an "uninstall" feature.
    3. Do you have more than one hard drive, or more than one partition? I ask because some customers in the past have manually moved the logo element libraries, and the logo libraries, after they have installed the software. The location of those directories is critical for things to work right.
    4. Do you know what version of "Adobe Air" you have on your computer? It's a software package from Adobe- that's free, and you really need to have the latest version for TLC to work flawlessly.

HERE'S HOW TO CHECK YOUR ADOBE AIR VERSION:
    Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32-bit versions):
    • Right-click on the Adobe AIR.dll file located inside the {drive_letter}\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0 directory and choose Properties and then the Version (Windows XP) or Details (Windows Vista/Windows 7) tab. There you will find the version value, for example: Version: 1.5.3.9130.
    • NOTE: The Program Files and Common Files directories may be translated to a local language on your machine.
    Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (64-bit versions):

• Right-click on the Adobe AIR.dll file located inside the {drive_letter}\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0 directory and choose Properties and then the Version (Windows XP) or Details (Windows Vista/Windows 7) tab. There you will find the version value, for example: Version: 1.5.3.9130.

• NOTE: The Program Files (x86) and Common Files directories may be translated to a local language on your machine.
    Mac OS X
    • Open the /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Info.plist text file and locate the <key>CFBundleVersion</key>entry. The corresponding string entry represents the version of AIR, for example: <string>1.5.3.9130</string>

Here is a link to the latest adobe air download:

5. OBGInc

Message Count:
    I am using windows vista 32 bit.
    Adobe Air Version 3.2.0.2070 was installed. Just now upgraded to 3.3.0.3670, but no change in V6 behavior.
    I have an uninstaller for v6 in my start tab. I also show v3 and in my start tab,although it is empty and I am unable to delete it.
    The first time I uninstalled V6 on weekend, I did it from the control panel-programs-uninstall.
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    A "New" file starts with a totally blank/clear canvas ready to start your logo project.
  7. OBGInc

Message Count:
    What does this have to do with the problem at hand?