Local Business Web Site

Discussion in 'Websites reviewed' started by gunsmoke, Oct 8, 2011.

1. gunsmoke

Message Count:
    Hi all, I've put together a web site for a cousin of mine, and was wondering how it looked to you all. I work on a PC only and really don't know if it is good on other machines. Any feedback would be welcome. Discover Learning Center
  2. dantz

Message Count:
    Hey Gunsmoke I like the clean layout uncluttered looks ok from here, I'm no expert but easy to see what the site is about as soon as you arrive, looks ok on firefox, I've got a new blog as well started it partly because of a training program I joined appreciate your critique if want to have a look, will list it in this thread

http://www.linkandbuild.com

Nathan
  3. gunsmoke

Message Count:
    I really like the look of your web site. Very nicely done! I subscribed to your newsletter and look forward to getting the first. I run win7 on a power laptop at 1600 x 900 and your site looks good. I also punched it up on an Android phone and it looked good there too! Congrats. I really loved your use of the Laughingbird content on the site. I love Laughingbird too. Good luck with your business and thanks for the input.
  4. dantz

Message Count:
    Hey thanks Gunsmoke appreciate your checking it out and giving your view keep in touch

Nathan
  5. TK Daniels

Message Count:
    Hi Gunsmoke,

I like it, uncluttered and easy to navigate

TK
  6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    If this is about the DLC site read on:

You did ask for any feedback:

1. All that "professional tutoring at affordable prices..." thing at the top-- I don't like the lettering being so scrunched up. I also noticed the big thick black outline before the text.

2. I don't find the black text on the blue boxes the least bit visually appealing, and the text seems kinda small.

3. You have a whole tab dedicated to "services" , yet, actual services have a small small part of the "real estate" on the page.

4. I don't like the "Jaggies" around the kid holding the magnifying glass--- Makes it look like it was cut out with scissors and pasted on with elmers glue....

5. In Firefox, I see lots of white empty space below the bottom of each page--- it could be my pop up blocker blocking stuff, but if not, it makes me think I'm missing something on the page.

6. I don't like the over-all color theme, it's not "pleasant" to my eyes.

7. The text of the testimonials is kinda small...