Laughingbird.com "reloaded"

Discussion in 'Websites reviewed' started by MasterDesign, Apr 28, 2008.

1. MasterDesign

Message Count:
    Kudos to Marc for re-designing LaughingbirdSoftware.com !

The new site (joomla) has a real "light and airy" look and feel to it with a clear and obvious navigation structure.
    The colorscheme is simple yet professional and works well with the overall layout. I realy like the little effect that makes the page (header) look like it's sticking out the page!.
    All in all a very pleasant site that's clearly open for business but doesn't make you feel like your dealing with a "no face" company.
    Although there are still some little things that could be better (imho) it looks like the "small business network" concept, is really takeing shape!

Good work Big Bird!
    :image31:MD

(ps. i couldn't help but notice 2 new products "the LogoCreator Deluxe" and "the WebsiteCreator" how about a little preview?)
  2. laughingbird

Message Count:
    thanks MD!
    I appreciate your feedback.

Since you posted this, I've updated the site even more. I'm about to announce it in the Announcement area of the forum.

Joomla has made this new site update MUCH easier. I'll post my "how to" once I've finally completed the site.

ALL of my sites will be morphing over to a new look and feel. In fact, I've about completed The Business Card Creator's site too!

But thanks for noticing MD, and for the compliments.
    (and check your PM box). :D

Marc
  3. Ohiosweetie

Message Count:
    OH yeah, that is NICE. Great look and feel to it Marc. You did a wonderful job!
  4. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Thank you Peggy!
    I appreciate the feedback very much :D

Marc
  5. prototype66

Message Count:
    Yes totally agree, the new site looks and feels awsome! Great work Mr Bird sir.
  6. 3DS

Message Count:
    I gotta hand it to ya Marc - I love the fresh (http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/) design approach of how you make the central column margins protrude up into and over the header area and color. Along with the shadowing to lift it up and make it appear off the page is an awesome choice! - or did you design that part yourself? I also noticed when mouse-over the top menus, they jut over too, and carry on with the whole theme. Very cool all-in-all :image28:

-Darrell
  7. laughingbird

Message Count:
  8. Ohiosweetie

Message Count:
    They all look awesome!
  9. 3DS

Message Count:
    Yeah Marc, I finally realized that I can choose the "New SBDN Style" to view the new forum skin - cool. But I also realized that it (the new SBDN style) doesn't stay when I goto other pages - why? I gotta keep picking it on bottom of page, just wondering if this is just a bug or something.

-Darrell
  10. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Sorry about that Darrell.
    I haven't 'locked' in the new skin yet. I'm still working on the front end of everything.

You can view the same skin in the regular forum area, but yes - it'll change back when you visit any part of the "logo design" area. I'll get this set for everybody very shortly.

Marc
  11. Doc

Message Count:
  12. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Doc!
    Thanks for the feedback.

Which site are you referring to?
    Let me take a look and change the text size...
  13. Doc

Message Count:
    I was referring to the new SBDN theme on this forum, the current default theme has smaller text which I prefer :image28:

Attached Files:

14. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Noted!
    I'll make the font sizes the same :)