Latest Beta - Will you send me any image 851 x 315 so I can try and Upload?

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by Rawben, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Rawben

Message Count:
    I'm still having issues with ANY image I've tried to upload to Facebook on all the BETA versions (including the latest).* I've yet to receive any replies from anyone....so I'm not sure what's happening.

I posted on the Facebook page about my issue too.* It appears that the 851 x 315 image side I see on my screen in the BETA isn't what's being saved, so when I upload it to Facebook, FB thinks it's a smaller size.* I've confirmed and re-confirmed to no avail.* I've even tried to enlarge the image larger than 851 x 315 and it still uploads to Facebook at 300 pixels wide.

Would someone be willing to send me an 851 x 315 image, of anything, they've created on the latest BETA so I can try and upload it?
  2. Rawben

Message Count:
    I just tried again with a different image, one I created vs. a TLC template thinking maybe it was the template.* Nope, it's still a problem.

The image I created is 851 x 315 and the saved image under properties after I've saved it says 300 x 111???* Help!!!
  3. gcuneo2

Message Count:

THIS APPLIES TO version #3 of the 6.0 BETA only!

I created a brand new logo with these dimensions, and set it up as a FB timeline coverphoto--- Which is what you are doing, correct?

There appears to be a "quirk" in the 6.0 BETA #3, at least from my perspective. By any chance when you formatted your canvas did you type the canvas size figures in the dimension boxes, instead of using the slider control, OR by manually grabbing he lower right corner of the canvas and dragging it to your desired dimensions? Things just kinda seem to be jacked up only when you type in the canvas size instead of using the other two methods.

Your image for a FB Timeline is not restricted to 851 x 315. FB will automatically center it, and you will be able to slide the image up and down a bit . DON'T FORGET TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT YOUR PROFILE IMAGE WILL COVER UP A SMALL PORTION OF THE TIMELINE COVER IMAGE!

Attached is a logo with the 851 x 315 dimensions created with 6.0 Beta #3. I exported it as a .jpg. I made the background grey to show the actual dimensions of the logo. You can easily change your cover photo, and put the attached in it's place, then just hit cancel to return to your original cover photo. Attached you will also see the test timeline cover photo I made and set up on FB, AND how your profile pix will cover up part of the logo. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    There is also another post (from one of the admins i think) that indicates after you punch in each dimension of the canvas hit ENTER then click on done, and it works just fine!