JPGs

Discussion in 'NEW Forum Ideas' started by billwhite, Jan 9, 2008.

1. billwhite

Message Count:
    Hi,
    I would like to be able to send simple JPGs when you change your site. Wouldn't you get greater participation with a simpler format? I know it's easy to make the HTMLs. I was doing fine until I forgot the name of the site I was using. They store photos and logos and make it easy to store files. I will run across it again in my travels.
    I am looking forward to the new format.

Thanks,
    Bill White
  2. 3DS

Message Count:
    Hey Bill,

Sorry to hear that you can't remember what site you used to store/share your pictures. Maybe it would help ring a bell if I told you some of the places I have many of my photos, images & albums I've created stored?...

Some very good & popular sites are:

http://photobucket.com/
    http://www.putfile.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/ (also Yahoo/ATT switched their "My Photos" to Flickr.com for all dsl customers)

Of course there are many others. I hope this helps.
  3. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Bill - I'm not sure what you're asking? Can you elaborate a little more in detail?
  4. billwhite

Message Count:
    Photobucket

Photobucket!

That's it. Thank you 3ds.
    I appreciate it.
    Thank you for the others also.
    This time I wrote it down plus, I stored them in
    my passwords file.
    Bill

5. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    Hey Bill, glad to hear and Thanks for jogging the memory 3DS.

Bill, could you tell us what you mean by "I would like to be able to send simple JPGs when you change your site."?
  6. billwhite

Message Count:
    Hi Randy,
    I guess I do not understand the technology well enough.
    I / we send jpg files back and forth all the time.
    To post a file on Laughing Bird I have to convert it.
    When I submit a photo to National Geographic or Pop Photo
    ... or others, I send jpg files. I send my jpg logos to
    photo bucket and they convert them so I can send them to you.

It is no big deal now that I know what to do.
    I just can't grasp yet, why we can't send you jpgs.

Thanks,
    Bill White
  7. Randy... Guest

Message Count:
    On LB, you can either upload an image using the file manager within the LB board or do what you're doing and 'hosting' it somewhere online and then inserting the image into your post using the correct tagging info.

You're not sending jpgs to us, but using the image insert function to display your image.

But, you can upload jpgs from your computer to the LB board, providing they don't exceed a certain size. Size is limited due to the simple fact that storage space costs Laughingbird.
  8. 3DS

Message Count:
    Glad to help. :image07:

I wasn't sure what the 1st part meant either, but I thought I could help about the 2nd part, lol.

I guess you may be talking about using Photobucket's html generator feature for your images? That's not nessessary for this forum because LB does provide many format uploads directly into your posts. Although its a good idea to generate a "thumbnail, image or BB code" for many of the other forums out there. I know I've used that feature.

I guess this may be what you meant, not sure, but thought I'd throw it out there anyways.

Have fun with ur images there Bill.