Intro

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by LocalGoogleG, Aug 9, 2009.

1. LocalGoogleG

Message Count:
    OH... I WAS at the place to introduce ourselves..

Maryland Search Engine Optimization Hired Gun checking in real early in the morning here in downtown City of Frederick Maryland.

I need a logo for myself and I'll need more than a few for the new SEO clients I have.

I do local search engine marketing consulting for brick n mortar stores in Maryland (and now outside of Maryland, notably North Carolina and Virginia as well).

SEO means I get YOUR company website to rank higher than your competitors. I sometimes do double duty as a full time webmaster and occasionally a web designer so I'm gonna be in need of a logo or two or four or six...

I personally think web design is secondary to positioning in Google search results but once I get a client ranked he or she then needs to make the site pleasant for humans.

I do not write code for humans, I write code for Googlebot
    crafting a page for humans is having the cart before the horse, what good is a pretty website if no one is ever gonna find it cause it's buried deep in Google search results or ranks #77 or something
    <end rant, I'll shut up now>

2. Wicked

Message Count:
    Actually you were real close to where you introduce yourself. You was in the right section but you posted in another persons thread for example introducing yourself. While being a new member to the forum you deserve an introduction that is all about you. So what I've done for you is moved your post still in the introductions but now you got your own spot just for your introduction not mixed up with other peoples stuff..

:) <? if initiate (WELCOME_WAGON);?> :)

Really hope you find your self welcome here and find what you are looking for. Everyone is pretty friendly here so feel free to jump in on conversation and offer any comments or questions you might have.

I think doing SEO is a very good skill set because it is always evolving to new standards. I bet there will be a lot of information you could share in the SEO section of the forums. Either way, if you have troubles finding your way around, using the forum, or anything you might need some help with just ask. Really hope to see your around.

3. LocalGoogleG

Message Count:
    Hey, thanks
    I often get the "you link dumpers aren't welcome here" spiel from the admins.

and even more hostility from the web design guru's who look down on what I do as link spamming.

Us SEO pros and web designers are NOT in competition... what we do compliments each others skill set.

I concede... you can make a prettier website than I can... mine just make the phone ring cause it's RANKED.

I think companies should have an SEOer build a preliminary site and pass it off to one of you design pros to pretty it up (once it's ranked)

we need to work together cause it's our clients needs that need to come first!

4. 3DS

Message Count:
    Nice to meet ya LGG! Thanx for sharing ur site - it seems you have a handle on Giggle, lol. Good to know.

-Darrell

5. Wicked

Message Count:
    Well we don't per say welcome link dumpers if you will either but you kinda came across the other side of the line for me on link dumping. As long as you are not spamming your business and dropping your link when its not relevant then all is well. Some sign up and post something that makes no sense with what is being discussed and drop their link all over it. I know you were able to drop your link on the sign the map section and in your signature. Those are available for you so its not out of line. Also this being a business/graphics based forum it makes sense to share your work when its in context. Again, long as you are not focused on using this forum as a link drop you will be fine.

Happy to have you around and hope you prosper with any gained information and are able to share some as well.

Jason

6. awalck

Message Count:
    Welcome to the forum David! I love downtown Frederick, but haven't been there in awhile. I'm about 5 mins. above Hagerstown, MD so, I'm not far from you. Look forward to chatting with you.

7. LocalGoogleG

Message Count:
    Cool, there doesn't seem to be too many of us SEOers in Frederick (or Maryland for that matter), so what do you do?

If you're in Washington County and pitch your wares to local businesses go get yourself a free business listing on http://washingtoncounty.com

(it's part of areaguides.com, the parent company of frederick.com)

gimme a call if you need anything or just wanna network:
    240 315-1515

I like barter btw:image10-2:

Ya know... I stumbled onto (social media pun intended) this forum, thought it was about logo design (my weak point), discovered it's now a marketing forum... did some investigating and bought the damn thing! So laughingbird helps us create our own logos (the admin here knows his way around Internet marketing cause I came here looking for X and ended up buying Y

kudos to excellent marketing:image16-1: