Installation Issues

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 1.0' started by DonnaJeane, Jul 9, 2008.

1. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    Unable to see any of the additional templates I believe to be part of this package. Also am missing a vital font - Zapfino - needed for my design. I'm on a PC. Can someone help?
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Welcome DonnaJeane to the forum. CiC is a 2 part installation. One portion is for setting up your ID and he other is TLC You should see the CiC templates in the TLC portion .

I don't have a quick answer for your font but will look into it for you.
  3. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    I have deleted all software previously downloaded for LaughingBird and i'm presently reinstalling. I'll see if this works any better this time. I've never seen what you refer to as CIC Templates but I'll check as soon as the download is complete. Thank you
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    The templates that are apart of the CiC download would have been installed into your previously installed Laughingbird Software . Look in the dropdown menu for "Select a Logo Set".

If you have the font Zapfino on your computer it must be installed into the main system font folder for it to work. I believe Zapfino is one of the fonts that there was licensing issues on after V3...You would need to reinstall you previous LB software or the font must be purchased because I have not been able to locate a free download source. Many times there are free alias for a font and I will look into that for you.
  5. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    I am looking at it at this very moment - under "Select a Logo Set" the only thing that shows is "My Templates" and "Trial logos" - that is all that is there.
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    Did you Re-download your previous Laughingbird Software?

It would be helpful if you explained what steps you took to do a reinstallation.
  7. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    Just got back from physical therapy and saw your note. I am unable to download the "previous software" to the best of my knowledge. I was using the Trial software initially until we purchased the software. I then went through the links to download as I did again just now. BEFORE I re-downloaded the software this time, I did a search for all "Creator" and/or LaughingBird software and deleted it, rebooted and then did the new install. Did I do that correctly?
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
    Did you delete the folder from your previous LBS installation under "Program files" on your harddrive. ?

I think a fresh download and re-installation are in order.
  9. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    ok - I just did precisely as you indicated. Went under Programs, found the LBS program that was there, did a de-install which shows as completed successfully. I will now reboot and do a fresh download - we'll see how that goes.
  10. KD-did

Message Count:
    We'll get you flying right yet!
  11. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Wow KD.
    Thanks for helping with this.

DonnaJeane, please keep us posted!

Marc
  12. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    I've completed the process by confirming complete de-install, rebooting, downloading again and I'm getting the same results - "My Templates" and "Trial logos". I REALLY need access to what we've purchased as I have a design deadline for our new corporate identity by noon on Friday, July 11.
  13. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    Additional note - I'm initiating the download from the receipt I was sent from DigitalRiver - it has an http link to begin the download on the receipt. Possibly that might have something to do with the difficulties I'm experiencing?
  14. KD-did

Message Count:
  15. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
  16. KD-did

Message Count:
  17. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    yes - that is the precise place I downloaded from this last time. Still having the same issues.
  18. KD-did

Message Count:
    Is your computer showing it downloading? What program are you using to "unpack" with?

Have you turned off any firewalls or accelerators you may have on board before starting the download?
  19. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    Kd

I am unable to disengage anything to do with a firewall - I'm on a very sophisticated server system. I'm using UnZip to open the files. They do tell me they have extracted and I see them with their own icons.
  20. DonnaJeane

Message Count:
    Kd

Is the bottom line here that I will need to purchase the CD version? I'm running out of time to prepare our project and I REALLY need this software up and working properly.