Important Bug Fix!

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by bluejade, Oct 16, 2003.

1. bluejade

Message Count:
    For: anyone who has version 3.1.1 (current version is displayed in the upper left corner of the "About" box: from the "Window" menu, select "About The Logo Creator").

If you updated before Thursday, 11:30am EDT, please update again. Any updates after that time will be correct.

(To rephrase, anyone who updated between 9am EDT Tuesday, October 14 and 11:30am EDT Thursday, October 16, please update again. All other versions are ok.)

Thank you,

bluejade
  2. OrangeJulius

Message Count:
    AHHHHHH

I updated and my logo creator now says
    script error
    and TLC will not work now say error: member of sprite 70 is not a member os control button

HELPPPP
  3. jshrimp

Message Count:
    Even with the second install, I still got script errors.
    I finnally had to uninstall and reinstall my original file I downloaded. The update worked fine from there.

Jay Shrimplin
  4. bluejade

Message Count:
    What happens when you click through all the errors and then select update again (you may need to click through a lot of errors)?

Continue doing this until the updater says no updates are available.

Alternatively, if you can make a clean install and then update, as Jay did, it should all be ok.

Again, my apologies. I made a big mistake.

-Daniel
  5. gillweb

Message Count:
    it worked through all the script errors. I had the program say " no more updates needed" and it works fine but now I'm getting another script error when I go to the "bonus logos" and try and click the "next" > or "previous" < buttons.
  6. LogoCreek

Message Count:
    Dan or Marc

Im still getting script errors. Can you either post what I need to do or email it to me.

Thanks, Erik
  7. LogoCreek

Message Count:
    Im still getting script errors.

I have called and left a message. If you can either post what I need to do or email it to me that would be Great!

Payments@LogoCreek.com

Thanks, Erik
  8. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hey there Erik.

I'm sorry to delay this!

Dan and I are about to post a major update. It will be a downloadable updater/installer. This new update will include a slew of new features (Dan - Bluejade - has gone to town on this one). We've incorporated an 'export @ 300dpi ' feature, a multiple select option (move, colorize resize multiple objects all at once), 64 levels of 'undo' and a bunch of other enhancements.

However, this won't solve your current broken updater.
    Here's what you'll have to do in the meantime.

Inside your folder that contains The Logo Creator is a folder called 'Logo Libraries'
    If possible - drag this folder to your desktop.

Then, redownload the demo version from http://www.download.com (search for "The Logo Creator") Once you install this, reDrag the 'Logo Libraries' folder back to The Logo Creator's folder.

THEN do an internet update.

This will solve your problem.

If you need help, write me or try calling.

Hope this works for you LC!

- Marc
  9. LogoCreek

Message Count:
    Marc

Thanks for the Email.. We are back up and Creating!

Thanks, Erik
  10. LogoCreek

Message Count:
    Any idea when the New Update will be ready? :confused: :confused:

Not to Rush ya.. Just wondering

Thanks, Erik: O-Yeah:
  11. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hey Erik!
    I've just seen the new images up on your site :
    http://www.logocreek.com

Great stuff. I like the way you've changed the text in the Mascot set to say 'logo creek'.

Just curious, how much do you make in a month reselling the logos?
    Not trying to get personal here, I'd simply like to know the potential that others have in selling the logos they make.

... also, once a customer writes you for a logo - how long does it take you to modify the logo and send it back to him/her?

oh, and to answer your question!The new v3.5 will go up today!!!! (Monday - Nov 24th)

Cool new features : O-Yeah:

Hang tight.

:)
  12. LogoCreek

Message Count:
    Marc

for some reason I can't upgrade to v3.5

???

- Erik
  13. KD-did

Message Count:
    No updates needed..last time updated was in Oct....:confused:
  14. bluejade

Message Count:
    Hi there,

This new update is via an installer. If you go to http://www.download.com and search for "logo", you will be able to download the installer.

Regards,

bluejade
  15. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Sorry about that everybody!
    I was a tad stalled with the new installer.

Dan Nelson is correct, you can hop over to download.com and search for "Logo Creator". Download and install the new v3.5

The updater installer that I'm working on will be up very shortly. You'll be able to download it from the LogoCreator.com web site and it will update your current version to the new v3.5

If you can't wait, hop over to Download.com.

:)

- Marc
  16. KD-did

Message Count:
    Marc, the problem with hopping over to download.com is no way to unlock it....
    [​IMG]
  17. LogoCreek

Message Count:
    Ok.. Thanks

I think I'll wait for now.

To answer one of your questions...
    "once a customer writes you for a logo - how long does it take you to modify the logo and send it back to him/her?"

We state a 48 hour turnaround.. however, most of the time it is less then 24 hours after submitting our logo questionnaire we email the logo
  18. KD-did

Message Count:
    It must have been a burp in my download. Tried again unlocked and I have to say.....Marc,[​IMG]
  19. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Glad you like the new version DC.
    Thank Dan Nelson (BlueJade) for the programming! ... HE rocks! :)

- Marc

(Have you tried grouping yet? Click and drag your mouse over a few items and move them all at once! -- SHIFT click over text items and you can resize, change font and outline them together!)

I'll be posting and announcing this new version VERY shortly. :;yessir: It hasn't gone public yet
  20. Elect

Message Count:
    colorization bug fixed in 3.5?

Has this problem been fixed in version 3.5? I updated late Monday night (still says version 3.1.1). This message was posted by Justkathy. I have the same problem (Win XP).

"Problems with colorization
    I feel stupid. This worked just fine in the 2.6 download I had many moons ago.

When trying to re-color an element such as a swoosh, it grays out and will not take a new color. It just changes to darker or lighter shades of gray depending on the color I'm trying to change it to.

For example:

I'm trying to change a preinstalled red swoosh to navy blue. It ends up a uniform dark gray no matter what I try to do with it. None of the color palettes work to change it, nor do the HEX or RGB input areas. Gradient doesn't work either.

I've tried this six ways to Sunday, and read this entire forum, and even though this question has been posted several times, there has been no resolution. Is this just a limitation of the product? If so, why did it work in 2.6 and it doesn't work now?

I'm pretty disappointed. The logo elements aren't doing me any good if I can't re-color them, so I may as well go back to PSP and Illustrator.

I LOVE Logo Creator. But I hate that this part of the product doesn't work correctly.

Has anyone solved this or developed a workaround? If I have to draw my own graphics from scratch, this software is pointless. Thanks."