I want some car related things added

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by DennyW, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Chris

Message Count:
    Look forward to the feedback!
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    Denny, you are more than welcome to add a link in your signature through your "User CP" it is totally permissible. Doing so is a great way to get traffic to your site. The more you post here in the forum the more people will see it.
  3. Doc

Message Count:
    Hi Denny, I have just had a look at your automotive forum. It has good potential to grow into a fine site. I am sending you a pm with a few ideas for developing it.
  4. DennyW

Message Count:
    Hi Doc, thank you very much. Yes, I'm trying hard to set it up. I enjoy helping others when I can, or at least help locate the info to help out. I really appreciate the help, from all of you here...Thank you all !! I will be dropping in quit a bit. To learn, and to help if I can.

:image28:
  5. DennyW

Message Count:
    KD, I looked all through my CP panel, and did not see a signature box, or place to do that. The box to allow signatures is checked though.
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    Denny, go to your User CP again. On the left hand side under "Settings & Options"you should see attachment 1 then click on "Edit Signature" . Because you don't have a signature yet you will be able to add your link on the next screen attachment 2.
  7. DennyW

Message Count:
    Yes KD. That is exactly where I went, and clicked on everything there, one by one, just to check. Forums are similar, but, also different in some of the meanings. I don't think the admin has that feature turned on. Which is ok because of load, and all the extra things.

Thanks for taking the time to help out on this. It's a very nice group here.

Attached Files:

8. KD-did

Message Count:
    :image10:You are seeing something different than I am...I am not sure if it is a browser thing or the fact that I may be using a different "skin" than you are. One of the great mysteries of cyberspace... why things don't appear the same to everybody all the time.

I know you would be more familiar with c panels but I have a tendency to write my instructions so that new comers to forum discussion boards that are reading your thread can grasp how to do things.
  9. KD-did

Message Count:
    It also could be that you have not logged out since joining and any forum settings that would happen or change at certain points have not taken place for you.
  10. DennyW

Message Count:
    I understand. Your doing a good job of that also. Thank you KD.
  11. KD-did

Message Count:
    Been a real busy day for me and I had hoped to look into this signature issue further . Hope your experience here in the forum has gone from a rant to a rave.:flowers:
  12. DennyW

Message Count:
    Hi KD. Yes, the rant has changed to a rave. :image23:

I was reading and learning yesterday until 4 am...Trying to learn some forum site things. There's a little more to that, than I thought. But I'm getting there, slowly. :image24-1:

Today, I'm going to play with the cars some more, and post up what I changed.

I believe the main Admin has to decide if you can have a signature or not in your posts. It's ok if it's not allowed. I appreciate your efforts, and replying, to help out. Thanks for that.
  13. KD-did

Message Count:
    What browser do you use?
  14. DennyW

Message Count:
    I use Firefox most of the time now. I also switch to internet explorer for some things. When I have a problem with a page, or action, I switch most of the time, to compare the reactions. Good thinking though....

On my forum site, I just started, I have it set there for all to use. I think it depends on server load allowances also. And on here, that might mean a big load if you combine the number of members, and --of course, putting a logo in all the signatures....:image07-1:
  15. KD-did

Message Count:
    Signatures settings are set to allow signatures for what seems like forever...that is why I don't understand what is going on in your case. There are plenty of brand new members with signatures...:wigglyeyes:
  16. DennyW

Message Count:
    I just came back using internet explorer, and I will double check this right now.
  17. DennyW

Message Count:
    I catured two screen scenes. I have it set for signatures, and made sure I clicked save. On the second picture, it is not in the list of things to do....darn it...
    Even as I post this, below this window the show your signature is checked. I have no clue...
    :image25:

Attached Files:

18. DennyW

Message Count:
  19. DennyW

Message Count:
    This might be the wrong place, but, I've been really busy trying to get things organized on my car site. I was thinking of the people here, and just wanted to wish you all well...:image28:

Also, I can do more testing on the car addition if need be. I haven't heard back anything so far, so I don't know what might be a good test for it. :image10-1:
  20. OldenGray

Message Count:
    Here's a freebie for you. This is a 1953 Buick grille that I was going to use for a car parts business logo, but didn't. Maybe you, or someone, can make use of it in a logo. Enjoy.

Attached Files: