How to import Verdana Bold

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by anadin, May 6, 2008.

1. anadin

Message Count:
    The font Verdana Bold is present on my computer. What should I do to use it in TLC?

Thanks,
    Anadin
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    If you are seeing it in the System Font menu in TLC you should be able to use it .

If you hit the F9 and then the letter V you will get to the font quicker, makes scrolling much faster.
  3. anadin

Message Count:
    Many thanks for your prompt reply.
    I can see Verdana Bold in Control Panel/Fonts.
    In TLC/"Select a System Font" only Verdana is present and I understand there is no way to make it Bold in TLC.
    My question is: how can I import in TLC a font which exists in Control Panel/Fonts?
    Thank you,
    Anadin
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    That is a situation that the font foundry caused when they made the font ...The Font Thing says Veranda Bold is not an "Outline Font" so you will have to use a 3rd party software to do your text that can use Verdana Bold ...export the text and import it into TLC.
  5. anadin

Message Count:
    I can use Powerpoint 2007 to make the text. From there I can save it as say jpg but then I loose the possibility to use the TLC effects.
    I could also use COPY but I don't know how to paste it in TLC.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Anadin
  6. KD-did

Message Count:
    There is no paste function that I am aware of.

Do you happen to have any "desktop publishing" software on your computer? The advantage there is usually WordArt capabilities that far accede those found in TLC.