HOW TO ADD TEMPLATES TO-WINDOWS XP!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by dianne, Jun 30, 2012.

1. dianne

Message Count:
    We'll I be Dog-on! I did it ya'll.

Anyway, I "right" clicked on the "Start" menu and select
    the "DOCUMENTS" folder that has "LaughingBird" folder in it. Also, you will see a set of sub-folder that have the "LOGO ELEMENTS" and another sub-folder that has "LOGO LIBRARIES" the "LOGO LIBRARIES" will also have some sub-folder in it like, suchas; "LOGO ELEMENTS","LOGO TEMPLATES", and "MY TEMPLATES".

You want to make sure you "COPY" (DO NOT DELETE IT!!!!!) just copy the "LAUGHINGBIRD" complete folder and "MOVE" the folder to the "MY DOCUMENTS"folder. You will do all of these functions when you "RIGHT" click on the "START" menu.

See if this works, it did for me. Then I clicked on my Logo Creator software and it worked!
    I hope this works.

I hope it helps,
    Dianne

aperez and gcuneo2 like this.
  2. trainermike

Message Count:
    I have the software downloaded with no templates. I have looked in the documents folder and there is no Laughingbird folder. Any help would be appreciated.

3. dianne

Message Count:
    Hey, were you able to figure out how to make your templates show up? Let me know?

Dianne

4. trainermike

Message Count:
    No I haven't. I don't seem to have the folders with the templates

5. dianne

Message Count:
    Hi, It is Dianne. You need to go to your green "Start"button and "Right" click, and select "Explore". Remember to "RIGHT CLICK" on the "START" button. REMEMBER: (DO NOT LEFT CLICK YOUR MOUSE, but "RIGHT" click on the green "Start" button) This will take you to your root directory. You might see two folders that say "Documents just "Unclick" the (+)signs on these folders to open them to see if the "LaugingBird" file is in the Documents folder.

Also, you will see a "My Documents" folder. The "My Documents"folder and "Documents" will be two different file folders. When you do see the "LaughingBird" file folder you want to "Right" click and "Copy" that file folder. Then you will go to the "My Documents" file folder and just "CTL V" to "Paste" the file folder "WITHIN" or inside the "My Documents" file folder. It will put a copy of the "LaughingBird" folder in the "My Documents" folder. I do not know why you have to do this, but it worked for me.

Try it and let me know what happens.
    Believe me it it worth it. I am very pleased with the ease of this product once I set it up. These steps are for WINDOWS-XP ONLY!

I hope this helps.
    Dianne

6. trainermike

Message Count:
    It Works! Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

7. trainermike

Message Count:
    I have one more question...
    When I click templates it only shows Logo templates, shouldn't there be others?

8. shendison

Message Count:
    I finally got this working too, thanks to Diane -
    Here's a simplified explanation though...

Navigate / browse your C drive to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\***YOUR USERNAME***\Documents\

Then copy & paste the entire \Laughingbird Documents folder directly into your My Documents folder

Restart the software, and the templates are then "found" by the software.

9. dianne

Message Count:
    Hi, It is Dianne Mason, I am so sorry for taking so long getting back to you. I am glad you were able to get the software to work. There a few ways to make it work. I hope you are loving the software like I am? Anyway, talk to you soon.

Di