How to acquire/insert new fonts into your LaughingBird Software

Discussion in 'Help Wanted - Free Software offered' started by doc fluty, Jul 6, 2009.

1. doc fluty

Message Count:
    First you will need to go to a site that you can download fonts. If you Google "free fonts" you can find many websites offering hundreds of fonts for free.

I use www.dafont.com. It allows you to type in what you want to say and preview it in many different fonts before you download it.

I will be installing Billo for you and be working on windows vista

1. locate a font you wish to use and click download.

[​IMG]

2. save it to a location in which you can find it easily. I used the desk top

[​IMG]

3. after its finished locate it on your desktop, right click the file and go to Extract All... (maybe you have a different zip program like winzip... but the instructions are still the same)

[​IMG]

4. select destination where you wish the files to be extracted to... again i used the desk top so its easy to find. (you can delete these off your desktop later)

[​IMG]

5. After the files have been extracted to the location you chose. click on the file and open it. after its open right click on the file and choose INSTALL

[​IMG]

6. thats it.. your done... to verify that your font has been installed correctly you can go to your Control Panel and click on Fonts and locate your new font (see the font Billo installed)

[​IMG]

7. now you can load up your LaughingBird software and type out whatever you want.. look under system fonts and your new font should be in there! (if its not close out your software and restart it)

[​IMG]

I'm not sure about Macs... but it cant be too different.

hope this helps you guys!

(also your new fonts will be automatically installed in your other programs as well.. such as photoshop)
  2. Wicked

Message Count:
    good tutorial.. Im sure there are many who do not know how to get new fonts to use in the software. Very documented.. Good job!
  3. GCFL

Message Count:
    Great work and very informative. Thanks much Doc Fluty
  4. bjaquez

Message Count:
    :image09:I download new fonts and install them on my Mac. They show up in the menu of Logo Creator, but will not apply. sigh:(
  5. bradonline

Message Count:
    Thanks for the tips. Do you know how to purchase or otherwise use letmego and blue jade fonts outside of the actual logo creator software? I have succesfully created logo elements within logo creator, but would also like to use the stated fonts for general use? I am happy to purchase them if required, but need to access these fonts!

Thanks,
    bradonline
  6. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Brad.

I've PM'd you the fonts you need.
    Let me know if you received them okay.

Doc fl uty!
    Nice tutorial.
    I'll post this on my tutorials page!

As you've posted in this thread, you know I have a program in place offering a free Logo Creator edition to anybody who creates a nice tutorial. I owe you some software. :)

PM me what logo set you'd like and I'll send it down.

Marc
  7. clohugcre

Message Count:
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
  9. Maple_Mom

Message Count:
    Does anyone know the steps for importing fonts for mac? I'm pretty sure I've done it all correctly as the fonts show up in my list, but when I try to select them, the list goes away, but the font won't change. Am I missing a step?
  10. KD-did

Message Count:
    Not all fonts will work but what you can do is use the font in another program, export and import as an image onto canvas.
  11. Jen Meyer

Message Count:
    Is there any way I get the LetMeIn font? I used a logo with it and would like to put it on my site as well. Thank you!
  12. KD-did

Message Count:
    See your other post. The font would be simply added to your system font folder.