How many words?

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by Just Bill, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Just Bill

Message Count:
    I often buy articles from professional writers and occasionally write my own.

Knowing the correct word count is made easy by this simple web tool.
    Hope you find it useful.

http://www.wordcounttool.com
  2. OldenGray

Message Count:
    JB
    What kind of articles are you interested in? Do you pay by the word or the article? Also, MS Word gives you an accurate count. Would be interested in seeing your editorial guidelines.
  3. Just Bill

Message Count:
    OG:

There are several niches in which I have an interest. As a general rule I require first person opinion pieces, both Pro & Con.
    :image28::image27:

When it comes to payment it depends how the writer prefers to be paid and whether or not I believe he/she can deliver. Sometimes by the word and other times by article depending on number of words. When I find a dependable writer he/she can usually set their own payment method and schedule.

You are correct to say Word gives an accurate word count but I need my articles in txt. format. Writing in Word and then converting to txt. is time consuming and often frustrating. When I write I use notepad, I feel Word mangles the code and the time spent correcting is wasted. These are the reasons I like this small web app.

Hope your doing well in the New Year.
    Bill
  4. OldenGray

Message Count:
    JB
    How many words do you usually receive for submissions? Photographs? Also, when you say first person articles and op-ed stuff, can you give me some idea of topics you might be interested in? I was editor for a corporate magazine for twenty years - a one man shop: editor, writer, photographer and layout artist. Before that, creative director for an in-house ad agency. Thanks and hope you're having a good year, too. Mine would be a lot better when the market perks up!!