How do we get the old elements into the new version

Discussion in 'New TLC6 Beta Feedback!' started by henleylover, May 20, 2012.

1. henleylover

Message Count:
    I know how to add elements into the file folders of the old version. I tried to follow the same steps, but there doesn't appear to be "file folders" like the old version. I would like to add some of the elements in the last version to version six.

Same with fonts. There are a few missing that I use quite often.
  2. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    1. Copy (CTRL + C)the folders from version 5.0.
    2. paste the folders here: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements.

So the folder you want to drop the old element folders in is in fact the logo elements folder. Don't worry, the simple copy and paste method works just fine!
    For elements in version 6.0, you are correct, there are not folders like there were in eaRlier versions of TLC, not to worry!
  3. henleylover

Message Count:
    My hero! OK, How about the FONTS. Imbedded and impact fonts, not the fonts in the elements
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    Embedded fonts are licensed fonts and can not be moved and work. "Impact" and other fonts can be downloaded from a font site onto your computer and installed.
  5. henleylover

Message Count:
    The NY Font is on the last version but not on the new. Where do I install it?
  6. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    The NY font was embedded (Part of that program only) in version 5.0. To the best of my knowledge you do not "install it"-- in version 6.0 of TLC there is not a separate directory, or folder to install fonts.

I assume by NY font, you mean the one used in 5.0 of TLC. The NY font appears to be the font "ITC American Typrewriter" which was the font used for all of the I heart NY stuff.

A simliar font, you can download for free is located here:
    http://www.dafont.com/king.font

The name of the font is "king" and appears to be very similar to the NY font from version 5.0 of TLC.
  7. KD-did

Message Count:
    The font is to be installed to your computer's operating system font folder. The font must be downloaded from a font site and be a TTF file. The embedded fonts are a file format that aren't useable when moved.
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  8. KD-did

Message Count:
    There is an embedded font called "Helix" in V6 that appears to be a perfect substitute.

Attached Files:

9. Don Wilson

Message Count:
    1. Copy (CTRL + C)the folders from version 5.0.
    2. paste the folders here: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements.

In my copy of The Logo Creator v6, there is no Logo Elements folder.

There is an Assets folder, which apparently is meant to replace the
    Logo Elements folder. Dropping the cartoon characters folder into
    the Assets folder (as an alternative) does not allow them to be seen by
    the Logo Creator itself. They do not appear across the top as the other
    addon letters and shapes.

The male and female doughboy type characters do appear across the top.
    But their download instructions did not require placing them in the
    Logo Elements folder.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks, Don Wilson
  10. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    The assets folder is in the "program installation files" ---- which has nothing to do with the location of the element libraries, you're just looking in the wrong location, it's an easy fix though!

THE ELEMENT LIBRARIES MUST ABSOLUTELY BE PLACED IN THE LAUGHINGBIRD DOCUMENTS DIRECTORY WHICH IS LOCATED IN YOUR MAIN WINDOWS "DOCUMENTS" DIRECTORY. See the attached for where it is on my computer. You will also notice I've already copied a bunch of the old element libraries-- which accounts for the yellow folders!

THE LOCATION OF THE LOGO ELEMENTS, AND LOGO LIBRARIES ARE NON NEGOTIABLE AND MUST BE IN THE LOCATION DEPICTED IN THE 1ST GRAPHIC BELOW. These are how it's installed on my computer--- it should be easy to figure out where the same location is on your computer.

The folders with the 2 little gears on the icon are the dBAse files of all the stuff from version 6.0!

3d charaters.JPG

THE 3 FOLDERS, AND 3 FILES ARE THE "WORKING PART" OF THE PROGRAM (this is not where the elements and libraries are stored!)--- WHEN YOU INSTALL VERSION 6.0 YOU CAN BASICALLY INSTALL IT ANYWHERE.

THE LOCATION OF THE LOGO ELEMENTS, AND LOGO LIBRARIES ARE NON NEGOTIABLE AND MUST BE IN THE LOCATION DEPICTED IN THE 1st ATTACHMENT. TLC version 6.0 is only smart enough to look in one location for the logo templates and elements.

Just a reminder: logo templates from 5.0 don't worok in 6.0!
    logo library.JPG

Attached Files:

11. gcuneo2

Message Count:
    I FORGOT SUMPTIN: The "doughboy characters" are actually the "3d male characters" and "3d female characters" just below the .DS store file. The characters are located in dBase files which are represented by two littler gears in a folder (not the yellow folders we are used to)!

3d charaters.JPG
  12. James Hamilton

Message Count:
    I am converting from Version 4 on a mac. I am having difficulty bringing my images into version 6 and desperately need help. I have customers to answer too and only one machine running an OS that allws me to visit these. HELP!!!!
  13. KD-did

Message Count:
    The only images you can possibly move from the V4 to the V6 are from are the elements folder. You should be able to right click on the V4 TLC icon...and you should then see "Show package contents". Click on the "elements" and copy ALL. Open Document of your V6 found under "user" after clicking on the harddrive icon in the Laughingbird Documents folder. After opening paste the elements in the Logo elements folder. The templates can not be opened by the V6 edition because of the engine change. .
  14. James Hamilton

Message Count:
    that doesn't work. the files are all connected to DB. i can upload one at a time but with hundreds of logos to rebuild that is brutal. any other suggestions?
  15. KD-did

Message Count:
    Add new file/s.... named as you wish in the Logo Elements folder...then then copy all then paste elements to file/s. They will not add to the DB files they can not be added to ....but images will appear in the drop down menu under the name/s you gave them......

It will look something like this...files DB and other elements

Attached Files: