How can I change the colors in CIC?

Discussion in 'The Business Card Creator version 1.0' started by crosspi, Mar 12, 2008.

1. crosspi

Message Count:
    :image24:I surrender!

I would like to change the background colors in a template (business cards, envelopes & letterhead) in CIC but can not figure out how to do this. I found a thread regarding this but the user was using Adobe Fireworks. I have Fireworks with Dreamweaver and can't seem to import the file.

Any help on this frustrating issue would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Kimberly
  2. MasterDesign

Message Count:
    Hi Kimberly,
    As far as i know you can't change the color of a template within cic BUT...

if you have fireworks, fire it up:image13:, go to open file and navigate to the install folder of cic (E:/program files/ Corporate Identity Creator (in my case)
    look for a folder called: hibgimages or bgimages, open it and select the background you want to change. Save as .jpg or .png to your drive and import in CIC through the admin panel.....wich is kinda tricky :image04:so give it a go and let us know how its going.
    Don't :image24: yet!

:image31:MD
  3. crosspi

Message Count:
    Thanks MD! I'll fire it up and give it a shot - may take me while but I'll let you know if I succeed!

Kimberly
  4. crosspi

Message Count:
    Okay, I played around with one background in Fireworks (Macromedia) and saved it as a jpeg. I went to the admin area of CIC and created a new folder and uploaded both high and low resolutions. When I select the background folder in CIC to change the background, the new folder shows but the image box says "loading" and that's it. Nothing happens. It's streaming the littles periods as it says loading but nothing appears. When I'm in the admin area and I click on the row, it displays my background to the right in the preview but nothing comes through in CIC.

Is this making any sense? Could it be the size of the file that I exported out of Fireworks? I didn't change anything but the canvas size to accomodate the layout.
  5. crosspi

Message Count:
    Figured the above out - just click on the "loading" box and it drops it in there. However, the size isn't right. So now I have to play around with that but I went to save and it's stuck on "saving" and nothing else happens. :image10: Just when I think I have it - I don't.
  6. MasterDesign

Message Count:
    such is life...
    MD
  7. crosspi

Message Count:
    Does anyone know how to save the new template in CIC? When I go to save my new design, it gets stuck on "saving".
  8. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hang tight Crosspi.
    I'm getting someone to look at this question for you.

I'm going to run a few tests.

Marc
  9. crosspi

Message Count:
    Thanks Marc! When you figure it out, let me know.
  10. A-TeamV.A.

Message Count:
    Hello all! I'm new to the forum and I have read all the posts in reference to adding a background. However, I am still not having any luck. I'm using a Mac OX 10.4. I created the background, saved for web as 100% JPEG (both hi res and low res) I think, went to the admin panel. Tried to upload both hi res and low res file as instructed, but I get a message that says "the Hi Res and Low Res files must be the same". So I tried using the same hi res file for both and it worked fine except the proportions were way too big. When I used the low res file for both the proportions were way too small. What am I not doing? I am loving the idea of this software but I can't seem to get moving.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Renae
  11. crosspi

Message Count:
    Hey Renae!

I'm sorry that I can't help you out on this one. I don't know anything about Mac and quite frankly, am learning this by trial and error. I had to change the background colors in Macromedia Fireworks and export it to CIC. But I could never save it once I played around with the size. So I ended up recreating it in Fireworks.

I hope that Marc finds a way for us to save the changes made in CIC so we can order letterhead, business cards and envelopes in the colors the user changes. Maybe better than that would be to allow the user to pick their own color scheme in CIC so we wouldn't have to go outside the program.:image28: I'm hoping that Marc hasn't forgotten about this! :image09:

You may want to post your question on a new thread so it's not buried under this one. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!
    Kimberly
  12. A-TeamV.A.

Message Count:
    Thanks for the suggestion Kimberly, I'll do that!
  13. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Hi Kim, A-Team...

No, I haven't forgotten about this thread at all.
    In fact, it's taken up most of the weekend for me trying to figure out what's happening with it.

Good news is coming out of it however.
    We're now in the process of updating the CiC.

One major item we've been working on is this Admin section overhaul.

I truly apologize for the hassles on this. the update will be a free upgrade and the software will have many new features.

I'm not going to announce this openly just yet (I'm only mentioning it in this thread ... if you're reading this - lucky you :) ).

Probably doesn't help you (A-Team) in the immediate future, but the update will solve all of your troubles. We're shooting for mid to end of April.

Marc
  14. A-TeamV.A.

Message Count:
    I really appreciate you response. I hope everyone realizes how luck we are to have the creator/owner of a company pay such close attention to complaints. I look forward to the update, I'll make do until then.
    Thanks Marc,

Renae
  15. crosspi

Message Count:
    Marc,

I want you to know how much I appreciate your time you've spent so far involving this problem. I look forward to the "overhaul". Again, thank you for time and help on this. Your customer support has been well worth the purchase price.

Thanks!
  16. laughingbird

Message Count:
    Thank you Kim and Renae. I appreciated your posts above.
    I know you'll both be very happy campers once we get the new changes out.

I've been working with VistaPrint on this. They (currently) don't have Envelope printing ... so one of the changes will be in converting the envelope printing to Post Cards! I think this enhancement will make the software even better.

Again, I do apologize for the Admin hassles.
    It should be much easier than it has been for you both.

In fact, if you're curious - take a look at the new site I'm developing for the new update: http://www.TheBusinessCardCreator.com (still a work in progress)

Marc
  17. latenights

Message Count:
    Lucky me!

Marc, can you please tell me where we will know about this most important upgrade.

By this do you mean we will have the ability to change colors and backgrounds without having to use third-party products? If at all possible avoiding other products is preferable.

I sure hope so, as that's one of the great features I love about TLC.:image28:

not so many latenights now I have my products running again. :)