Hi-lites in an image

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Worlock, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Ok People...I searched again and didnt find this one, So here I am sharing another idea and technique with you, Hopefully you will not only find this "Neat" but Useful as well...

Making an image look high-lighted or as I call it..Having Shiny spot areas....Longer to say but you get my meaning..

Step 1- Take your image and select some swooshes and size them and place them around your image where you want them to be.

Step 2- Now select "Colorize" and select the color you want your hilights you want them to be, I prefer white on a colored image.

Step 3- rotate them to the position you want the shiny parts at...

Step 4- Now select "Blur" and either opaque them a tad bit or Blur them to your desired level

Tweak as needed...And you now have Shiny Spots on your image...It took me a whole 24 seconds to do the one below as an example to see for yourself, Not much time, Little thinking ( as you can see ) and added a nice effect to the image itself. So there you have it.

[​IMG]

This message brought to you by
    Laughingbird's Logo Creator
    Insert laughter here !
  2. KD-did

Message Count:
    EXCELLENT information .If you think about it the same technique could also be used to add custom shadows.
  3. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Wow...your RIGHT!
    Never thought about that one...another toy to play with..hehehehe...
  4. Chris

Message Count:
    Hey great tutorial worlock. This should come in handy for others to use.
  5. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Thats what Im hopin for :)
    and at the same time, this really does show versatility in the product...kinda goes with the Compare Thread....I just had to throw that in there!
  6. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    I gave one example using an image, Now heres one using Text...tell me ( or lie to me ) that you really cant see a difference and that it doesnt add life to it! :) Oh and BTW, whoever made this a "STICKY"....Thank you!

Attached Files:

7. KD-did

Message Count:
    In this day and age we are all spoiled visually (digital images- HDTV etc.) and if text doesn't pop it will be almost completely ignored...

I made a sticky of it yesterday...before I put my :2cents: in . Happy to give credit where credit is due. It really is a great tip.
  8. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Im still using LDTV I guess hehehehehe.....cant afford those 4000 dollar tvs yet...Thanks KD for the sticky.
  9. Chris

Message Count:
    Now that really looks great with text. Yes well worth being a sticky.
  10. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Thanks Chris...I just noticed something too...Makes it look Ballooney ( Is that a word? Did I spell it right? HAHAHAHA )
  11. KD-did

Message Count:
    Actually this is your second sticky in the forum! The other was making transparent .gif
  12. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    Correction Madam...3rd...Text and Image Glow Effect :lol:
  13. Topcatz Banned

Message Count:
    additional way to make hilites or shadows

In the new text add a comma, c, parenthesis or any other shape font, add to screen click rotatable, at this stage I use color when I've got it where I want it I change the color to white (for hilite) or some shade of grey for shadow and proceed as Worlock suggests.....
  14. Wicked

Message Count:
    I checked out this thread a while back and just wanted to pop in here to make sure I said thanks. This is really handy.