Hey there all!

Discussion in 'Websites reviewed' started by prototype66, Oct 7, 2009.

1. prototype66

Message Count:
    I just launched a new version of the other web site and want honest reviews from whoever wants to check it out.
    Be brutal if necessary so I can make improvements, its a quicky sight so I am a bit limited but.........commence firing!
    :image28::image27:

Proto (Chuck)
    www.prototype66logodesign.com
  2. 3DS

Message Count:
    Hey Chuck,

I like the overall look - the 3 column layout, the sunset graphic is very pleasant, your logo placement sits well on it, the slogan not so sure about it's size and placement, but that's more of a preference I think. It's probably a little more challenging to place the slogan in the remaining white space of the main logo title. It could be tried other ways or announced I guess. That's no biggy. The content font is pretty large in the body area, but it works I guess. Didn't find any big grammer mistakes.

The gallery page works well for you, lots of variety shown, a good measure of experience. The "get remembered" page featuring your packages; people like to know the prices of services so that's good. But do people really need 3 -8 origional logo designs when starting a business? I don't know about that, nobody has ever come to me with orders like that starting a business or website. Maybe you mean different variations of a design, or offering to make more in the future, I don't know. I do know one customer of mine that changes his mind all the time, but only because he has a new idea for a different kind of website all the time. So I get that. But not everyone does that or needs that much imho.

Its hard to keep to a set amount of revisions, cuz I always do whatever it takes until they like the logo, lol. I know I should cut it to about 2 revisions before charging them extra, that seems to be the norm for most services. I just need to learn to say enuff is enuff, haha. So looks like you add extra service for that part. Maybe they'll notice that over others. A point for you.

Other than that, not much brutality from me. I hope you get it looking just the way you want and lots of biz!
  3. prototype66

Message Count:
    Thanks 3d! Some really helpful info! My 15 year old daughter also pointed out a run-on-sentence too! lol I will be tweaking it as I go, sure do appreciate the help!
    Thanks buddy!
  4. prototype66

Message Count:
    Any other takers I am open to suggestions. ;)
    I would like to also figure out how to show up in search engines, no show yet for either of my sites for some reason.
    all help is certainly appreciated!
  5. 3DS

Message Count:
    Have you tried some of the free website submissions to all the major search engines yet? If you have, it can take upto 4-8 weeks for your site to start showing on some of these.

--FREE Website Submission--

Google: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

Bing: http://www.bing.com/docs/submit.aspx

Alta Vista: http://addurl.altavista.com/addurl/default

Yahoo: https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/submit

I found some of these from a few all-in-one submission sites by just using "free website submission" in search and you will get lots to choose from. Of course there are those that you now need to pay for, but go for all the free ones you can, either individually or all at once.

Hope this helps.
  6. prototype66

Message Count:
    Your the best 3DS!
    Thank you again for the assist! My other site has been up for a couple of years but only get spam and yucky ****o site **** so I closed that part down.
    Maybe the new one might start getting attention.:image10-1:

Have a fantastic day!

Chuck
  7. Wicked

Message Count:
    Hey Chuck.. 3DS really gave you a good review so I do my best not too repeat anything already said..

Let me first say the overall feeling at the site is good. I like the background and the flow of the site. What I actually like about your site is its simplicity and bluntness.. It tells you exactly whats going on. Example: Perhaps you slogan is not very creative but It does tell the potential client exactly what your site is about. Everything is very easy to follow. There are really only 2 things I think should be changed. Keeping in mind its only my personal opinion. On your logo where the "66" is there is white pixelation around them. That type of thing always stands out to me. As well if people are showing up to hire you to design but your logo has pixel problems they may turn away. 2ndly is the sunset image.. It looks ok and works fine with the site but Prototype66 to me sounds more futuristic and sleek. To me I envision something different than the sunset. I guess and maybe a 3rd thing. This 3rd thing is because I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). The navigational menu width seems like it would look nicer the exact same width of the header sunset image. Instead the menu jaggs out past the header image a little. Its not that it looks bad but again its just my OCD talking...

Hope you do well with your site. Keep us updated.

P.S. I don't care for the hidden keywords above and below your template. It is actually whats called a black hat method and is often frowned upon by respectable search engines according to extensive research. Also the site would look better without them. A better more proficient way to do this would be too add a out in the open Tag cloud under the footer of the site.
  8. prototype66

Message Count:
    Funny you mentioned the thing at the bottom. I have absolutely no idea how I did that or how to get rid of it. I am thinking I did a meta tag generator and it put those in there but I really know nothing about web site writing. All your advice and observations are really spot on and I do appreciate it. I am also a bit ocd and those exact things were bugging me too! lol

I plan to do a joomla site soon with help from my niece...she is a web master for a company in Orlando but she started it a while ago and just cant seem to find time to finish it. I was going to start this weekend but I had trouble downloading the program so I will try again tonight.

If I ever get free I was going to fix the sizing and bad pixels around the name. Still not sure what to do behind the name though.....