Heres something to talk about

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum' started by Worlock, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    We have a lot of members on here and I see where we all have different versions of Laughingbird software ( some of us have the whole kit an kaboodle...)

So what are your plans for using the software you have? You bought it for what reason(s). I'll start...

I recieved a gift from a friend called the "Mega Pak" on my 46th birthday, it came with a suggestion for making a logo for his website ( which never took off ) but its not like we didnt try.And he knew I liked to dabble in animations, But I never did a logo before, so now was my chance to try. Why not I had the software now, So why not use it.

I came here made a few logos, showed them off, got some good feedback and entered a contest, I didnt win but I did get a nice prize ( a coffecup software deal ) and hey I was hooked! Then I made a few logos for posters who asked for some and got their vote for my creations ( One was for a campground ) Ive made so many I cant remember who all the others were for. Talk about a moral booster! then I went and tried elsewhere but man did I get tore up, kinda killed the designer in me and I was hurt, But after a long hiates, I came back feeling more confident and knowing I could better. I was determined not to give up, but to get better. I went door to door around my town with a notebook of all the logos I had made and showed them to different business owners, Some didnt act like they were interested and others just didnt care.

then after about a month or 2 I had them calling me , telling me what they were planning and wanting to know if I could design them something to go with their plans, I did and slowly but surely I started getting business, Im not rich from it yet, But Im doing a lot better than I ever dreamed of and I get new business's all the time contacting me. Ive done work for our local newspaper, local events, and residents. The best part, Is Im the only 1 in my town that does this now. And I never dreamed that I would be doing this at all. Well thats what Im doing with my programs...What are you doing with yours?
  2. Buffbaud

Message Count:
    Wow!

That's a great story. I'm trying to figure way to market myself. Today I was driving around doing my 9-5 job and I noticed a car advertising her Dog walking / setting service. The sign was kind of plain I copied her web address and looked it up and Ah Ha! She has no logo! I created a logo and plan on sending it to her with a "ghost" copyright across it. I'm going to sleep on it for a day or two before I send it to her. I plan on offering to to make any changes or a completly new logo if she wishes. How much do you think I should charge?
  3. Worlock Banned

Message Count:
    I wouldnt offer her changes, Id offer her a brand new logo!
    this way you can say "I did that" Not "I made changes to it"
    See what I mean?...Its better exposure for you in the end.
    As far as charging, everyone is different on how they charge customers....I have a different approach to what I do, I start off somewhat in the middle...I research sites and see what kind of logos they provide and what their prices are for their service, I dont offer packages and such like most do, I offer a logo that they want, not 5 or 10 and such...thats why I dont charge an arm and a leg yet, plus once I get a real good customer following, well then I will go up in price, but right now its important to get a customer database without going broke...So charge what you feel its worth, My dad said once Its better to get a dollar from a hundred people than a hundred from just one, You stay busy and more is sure to come....So take it from there :)
  4. KD-did

Message Count:
    My TLC addiction started way back in Sept. of 2003 with a internet search to find software to make logos. I downloaded the V2.6 DEMO to experiment with while I pondered what edition I would purchase...back then TLC had only had a total of 5 editions and as memory serves me cost either $59 or $69. an edition. Once I started playing with the DEMO I knew I was hooked and HAD to have them all. Shortly after making my first purchase I realized that there was so much more I could use TLC for than making logos. I started using TLC for making customized fliers and making my own ads for the satellite TV industry. Shortly after that I was sharing my ads and fliers with my fellow satellite retailers which then led back to retailers wanting logos from me .:image16-1: I was thrilled because I could then afford to buy the remaining editions.

I became a fixture here in the forum 6/2003 which was shortly after its launch ...late 2002. That caused me to make my then avatar seen attached here.
  5. Buffbaud

Message Count:
    Your avatar made me LOL because thats what I was saying to myself last night! (okay, this morning):image04: